Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

For you Fullbuster. I know you like lists. Look for Brazil on this one ;)http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index/ranking

How "peaceful" a country is could mean could mean a lot of different things. You could easily change that ranking completely and still have a reasonable explanation for it.

• Like 1

Posted Image

BRAZIL : ADMISSIONS IN 2013 and 2014 -> COMPARISON

Admissions between January-August 2013 : 107.1 million admissions

Admissions between January-August 2014 : 108 million admissions

Evolution : +0.84%

It's a very weak year-over-year improvement and the growth of this market will mainly rely on the growth of ticket prices.

Still, we can't complain given the Brazilian economy is in recession with a pretty gloomy outlook..Let's just hope 2015 won't be hit too much by this economic weakness.

Posted Image

BRAZIL : ADMISSIONS IN 2013 and 2014 -> COMPARISON

Admissions between January-August 2013 : 107.1 million admissions

Admissions between January-August 2014 : 108 million admissions

Evolution : +0.84%

It's a very weak year-over-year improvement and the growth of this market will mainly rely on the growth of ticket prices.

Still, we can't complain given the Brazilian economy is in recession with a pretty gloomy outlook..Let's just hope 2015 won't be hit too much by this economic weakness.

Funny you'd say that. Our economy is in recession indeed, but there's no crisis. This was mainly driven by Petrobras' demise. People aren't losing their jobs or anything like that and we pay our bills.

It's quite the contrary, we actually need more people to work. 

Dilma Rousseff isn't a good president, but the ones wanting her spot are worse. Marina is an enviromentalist and Aécio wants to give the banks total control. 

Edited by Wally

Funny you'd say that. Our economy is in recession indeed, but there's no crisis. This was mainly driven by Petrobras' demise. People aren't losing their jobs or anything like that and we pay our bills.

Dilma Rousseff isn't a good president, but the ones wanting her spot are worse. Marina is an enviromentalist and Aécio wants to give the banks total control. 

People who are enviromentalist are good ones, every year we wait on handeling the  global warming (sorry english is not my native language so sorry for the spelling) Because every year we wait on that the price for the cleaning up doubles :(

People who are enviromentalist are good ones, every year we wait on handeling the  global warming (sorry english is not my native language so sorry for the spelling) Because every year we wait on that the price for the cleaning up doubles :(

Well, my problem with her is that she says we need to use more clean energy, but she doesn't show what she's talking about. Though I'd rather vote for her than for Aécio, because she's been through the worse, so I believe that she'd never do something to jeopardize the Workers Party work to erradicate poverty. 

Edited by Wally

Yeah, we got the same in belgium, always saying, never acting...

Btw the double is not a number I am sure of, but if I remember correctly from the reportage it was something like 1.8, but it's I saw that one 5 months ago so I could be wrong. Also you never know if the information of a reportage is accurret.

And there is no beter candidate?

Yeah, we got the same in belgium, always saying, never acting...

Btw the double is not a number I am sure of, but if I remember correctly from the reportage it was something like 1.8, but it's I saw that one 5 months ago so I could be wrong. Also you never know if the information of a reportage is accurret.

And there is no beter candidate?

There is. Luciana Genro, but she doesn't have a chance. She has only 1% in the polls.

Edited by Wally
  • Like 1

There is. Luciana Genro, but she doesn't have a chance. She has only 1% in the polls.

She is extreme left, that fact alone should disqualify her as the best candidate, the actual president is the second worst option, and Brazil's economy actual state is a proof of that. The ideal candidate would be center-right or center-left, and both Aecio and Marina fits the description, not too far in one side or another.
  • Like 1

She is extreme left, that fact alone should disqualify her as the best candidate, the actual president is the second worst option, and Brazil's economy actual state is a proof of that. The ideal candidate would be center-right or center-left, and both Aecio and Marina fits the description, not too far in one side or another.

I agree about Luciana Genro, but I don't think Marina nor Aecio are good candidates. I'm not voting for anyone this year.

Edited by JohnnY

Yes and no.

You can't tell out of the blue there is no effect. According to the last statistics Brazil is still creating jobs but the pace of jobs growth strongly slowed, creating around 20,000 jobs in July...20,000 is weak in a country with 201 million people (a young and growing population), the US created around 210,000 jobs this same month, it's like Brazil creating 133,000 jobs.

And if this slow growth doesn't stop soon some people could start feeling it, in the auto industry for example because the production is falling (less sales, less exports to Argentina).

Yes and no.

You can't tell out of the blue there is no effect. According to the last statistics Brazil is still creating jobs but the pace of jobs growth strongly slowed, creating around 20,000 jobs in July...20,000 is weak in a country with 201 million people (a young and growing population), the US created around 210,000 jobs this same month, it's like Brazil creating 133,000 jobs.

And if this slow growth doesn't stop soon some people could start feeling it, in the auto industry for example because the production is falling (less sales, less exports to Argentina).

Ok, so you're the expert when it comes to Brazil. Seems about right.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Wally

Well, then we should fit well together since I'm a leftist.

lol I never thought someone would buy those fear based TV ads by Dilma I guess I was wrong.

That's something he actually said. I don't even watch TV.

"Em entrevista ao UOL, ele afirmou que o BC "deverá ter a independência formal garantida. Num primeiro momento não acho necessário [uma lei] (...) Não me fecho a uma discussão lá adiante de uma eventual autonomia em lei. Não acho que isso seja necessário porque é a autoridade presidencial que vai garantir que essa autonomia seja exercida permanentemente."

Edited by Wally