Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

naaah I don't think we're in a political crisis, the worker's party is in power since 2002, of course the right wing politicians are angry, and of course people are starting to blame the current party for the problems that are happening. Primaly because brazilians are always blaming the government, secondly because, well, they are in power for 13 years, they can't blame past governments, it really is their fault.

The media is always criticizing the government, this happens everywhere, and come on it's not even true that they are always against them, The last elections showed that almost half of the country wanted Dilma out of the government, the media doesn't need to convince us that we don't like her. 

I'm actually not even hoping for the economy to get better, because I don't think it will. Things are not like this because of corruption or bad management (although maybe these are also to blame), and definitely not because of a world crisis. Things are like this because the worker's party obviously increased government spending throughout this years, nationalized big companies and increased their debt, and created unnecessary social programs that they need to shut down now. 

You don't need to be a christian conservative to realize that this kind of leftist initiatives are ruining the economy. The only way to fix this is to reduce government spending, something DIlma said during the elections she would never do because if she admited that she need to shut down some welfare programs, the poor wouldn't vote for her and the worker's party wouldn't be able to imply that the right wing party wanna shut them down because they don't like the poor

Edited by JohnnY

now... about movies lol

i'm kinda disappointed that they moved Peanuts and The Good Dinosaur to January.

The worst part for me is the fact The Good Dinosaur will face competition from The Chipmunks and Peanuts :/ Why did they all decide to put these movies in January? I know there are vacations but still o_o

Edited by Fullbuster

The worst part for me is the fact The Good Dinosaur will face competition from The Chipmunks and Peanuts :/ Why did they all decide to put these movies in January? I know there are vacations but still o_o

Peanuts is not a big competition but I agree that it is a too much crowded January, TGD will be killed by Alvin in the same way that BH6 was killed by Penguins this year :/

I don't get this strategy. There will be no kids movie playing in the end of November, and the next big release for children will be Alvin and the Chipmunks. Why delay it til January?   :ph34r:

I don't get this strategy. There will be no kids movie playing in the end of November, and the next big release for children will be Alvin and the Chipmunks. Why delay it til January?   :ph34r:

Disney screws up in terms of release date, it's not the first time! It's like they don't care...Maybe they don't want any competition for SW7 because I know they want to appeal to kids and teens by making them the new generation of Star Wars fans, that's alsowhy they created the TV series Star Wars Rebels. It's the only thing making sense to me..

I read that the last time that the dollar crossed R$4,00, they took 2 years to bring back to under R$3,00, Jesus Christ, time to change some predictions of 2017 too :ph34r:

I have good news for the Brazilian economy : The Russian economy has a worse performance :ph34r:

I have more bad news :/

"September had the second consecutive fall in income and public. However, in 2015 continues to show positive figures, with an increase of 17.8%".

Filme B

Is that a fall compared to September 2014 or a fall over August 2015? August and September 2015 were pretty weak when it comes to the movie supply.....That doesn't show the crisis started to hit the movie market yet, we'll need several months to be sure of that, November seems pretty sure to have a sizable increase thanks to MJ2 and Spectre to a lesser extent. December will rely on SW7's performance.

Is this good for us?

No, of course it's not. Brazilian trade with Russia is very weak anyway so that doesn't affect Brazil. No, let's say it's just a matter of pride : among the big emerging countries you're not the worst :ph34r: And if you take the smaller nations Venezuela is WAY worse with a GDP expected to decline by 7% or more and an inflation going beyond 200% :ph34r: 

• Like 1

Disney screws up in terms of release date, it's not the first time! It's like they don't care...Maybe they don't want any competition for SW7 because I know they want to appeal to kids and teens by making them the new generation of Star Wars fans, that's alsowhy they created the TV series Star Wars Rebels. It's the only thing making sense to me..

it has nothing to do with SW7, Disney is doing this 'strategy' since 2010 with Tangled, the thing is: It did work with Tangled, it was a huge hit here, but period, every movie after it had a mediocre performance here, I understand that they want to capitalize kids' vacations, but there always a release from Fox/Dreamworks also in this period, and since both are stronger brands than Disney here, their movies always end being overshadowed, that's why TGD would make a lot more in a November without any competition

• Like 1

Is that a fall compared to September 2014 or a fall over August 2015? August and September 2015 were pretty weak when it comes to the movie supply.....That doesn't show the crisis started to hit the movie market yet, we'll need several months to be sure of that, November seems pretty sure to have a sizable increase thanks to MJ2 and Spectre to a lesser extent. December will rely on SW7's performance.

Idk, them didn't say in text

Yeah, I'm not worried about November, MJ2 will save the month, unfortunately, there's nothing in December :ph34r:

No, of course it's not. Brazilian trade with Russia is very weak anyway so that doesn't affect Brazil. No, let's say it's just a matter of pride : among the big emerging countries you're not the worst :ph34r: And if you take the smaller nations Venezuela is WAY worse with a GDP expected to decline by 7% or more and an inflation going beyond 200% :ph34r:

I see.