Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I'm not sure about it, the final SW movie released in 2005 was not even in the Top 5 of that year :ph34r:

The Brazilian movie was totally different 10 years ago, comicbook movies were not among the most successful for example, far from it, and since then American products gained popularity, sich as TV series :) Star Wars is sure to be a more popular franchise in Brazil. And don't forget : THG1 just got $10m back then, witha much better ER..And look at now! So SW9 should improve a lot as well.

The Brazilian movie was totally different 10 years ago, comicbook movies were not among the most successful for example, far from it, and since then American products gained popularity, sich as TV series :) Star Wars is sure to be a more popular franchise in Brazil. And don't forget : THG1 just got $10m back then, witha much better ER..And look at now! So SW9 should improve a lot as well.

The thing is: SH movies didn't explode for nothing, it was being built every single year, the first Marvel movies all wasn't huge here, the SH explosion only happened after TA, SW already had two trilogies, and didn't make huge numbers here, I just don't see why this new trilogy would easily explode.... But we will see in November ;)

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

The thing is: SH movies didn't explode for nothing, it was being built every single year, the first Marvel movies all wasn't huge here, the SH explosion only happened after TA, SW already had two trilogies, and didn't make huge numbers here, I just don't see why this new trilogy would easily explode.... But we will see in November ;)

Well, since Disney got the franchise there is much more hype about it, Disney can revive the franchise and they have much more power when it comes to marketing :) I tell you this : it's different this time. I don't expect SW7 to be impressive in Brazil, but the next movies could be well different.

Well, since Disney got the franchise there is much more hype about it, Disney can revive the franchise and they have much more power when it comes to marketing :) I tell you this : it's different this time. I don't expect SW7 to be impressive in Brazil, but the next movies could be well different.

But you guys are always saying that Disney is not a strong brand here :P

Seriously, I don't see where the problem is, I watched Divergent and it was fine, I felt the same thing when I watched THG1 : not a great movie but still relatively pleasant. You're too much into THG to watch it but that's not very different from THG in terms of style and quality...At least the first movie (Divergent), I didn't watch the sequels.

Seriously?

:WHATanabe:

• Like 1

He's crazy, he also said that MR1 was better than THG :ph34r:

Well, i can accept that someone likes MR1 better (although it's an unpopular opinion, HG is much better received, look at the imdb and RT scores), but Divergent? Fullbuster is clearly trolling.  :ph34r: