Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Lol Kayom I cant believe your on the side of spidey this time bud!! LMAO!!! THis means war you!! LOL :P

I hope your legs break TASM2 in brazil.. But bravo on the opening...Nowwww you face the return of god!!

Godzilla is coming!!

Don't take away my freedom to love multiple films!

Posted Image

so the South American bump is in full effect right now. I am really going to be interested in the entire international numbers for the weekend including China's sunday opening.

• Like 1

so the South American bump is in full effect right now. I am really going to be interested in the entire international numbers for the weekend including China's sunday opening.

Sunday opening is new to me, i thought the only days distributors wouldn't put a film release were Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I don't know why some countries follow that. I think a Fri-Sun opening is better. Here it's usually Wed-Sun.

IMO the best release day is Wednesday because you can see the movie you like on Thursday before the theatres got busy on Friday night and Saturday, and avoid contact with the crazy fans on the opening day ;-)
  • Like 1

The Sunday opening in China (I had to ask in the China thread) is because there is a three day holiday in China (Thurs-saturday).  Sunday is a work day.  Imports are not allowed to open on holidays in China, only homegrown Chinese films.

• Like 2

IMO the best release day is Wednesday because you can see the movie you like on Thursday before the theatres got busy on Friday night and Saturday, and avoid contact with the crazy fans on the opening day ;-)

I disagree. The crazy fans are precisely the ones who will watch the movie the first day, because theyre big fans :P

So a Wednesday release won't save you!

Godzilla in Brazil : May 15th

Spiderman will have two week ahead without real competition, it could pass TASM before that, or not far from it.But it's not that much, so this is why I think a 35m-40m total gross is realistic for TASM2.