Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Hotel Transylvania 2:

In Brazil, HT2‘s No. 3 play, it dropped just 33%, delivering $1.3M for a $7M cume.

The Walk:

Brazil pulled in $315K (including previews) from 255 screens.

That means HT2 is around R$28m, very close to HT1's total gross of R$31.1m, that's pretty good, it will be at the same level than a few Pixar movie.

After reaching the milestone earlier than ever before this year, the studio also revealed release dates for Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2, while Toy Story 4 has been pushed back a year.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/disney-passes-4bn-global-box-office-toy-story-4-pushed-to-2018/5095288.article?blocktitle=LATEST-US-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40095

OMG I didn't know that...Disney reaching $4B earlier than ever the previous year (and TGD and SW8 will further enhance it) they announced Cars 3?? I was sure they would stop there, I guess the franchise is profitable and toys must help. The Incredibles 2 is wonderful news I'm so happy to read this given the first movie was fantastic :) But I'm angry at Toy Story 4 being postponed in 2018!!! I will take solace to the fact it will benefit from an ever bigger international market, and Brazil will have further recovered in 2018 :)

After reaching the milestone earlier than ever before this year, the studio also revealed release dates for Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2, while Toy Story 4 has been pushed back a year.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/disney-passes-4bn-global-box-office-toy-story-4-pushed-to-2018/5095288.article?blocktitle=LATEST-US-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40095

OMG I didn't know that...Disney reaching $4B earlier than ever the previous year (and TGD and SW8 will further enhance it) they announced Cars 3?? I was sure they would stop there, I guess the franchise is profitable and toys must help. The Incredibles 2 is wonderful news I'm so happy to read this given the first movie was fantastic :) But I'm angry at Toy Story 4 being postponed in 2018!!! I will take solace to the fact it will benefit from an ever bigger international market, and Brazil will have further recovered in 2018 :)

This is Universal year ;)

And I'm glad that they're making another Cars, I love that franchise so much!

This is Universal year ;)

And I'm glad that they're making another Cars, I love that franchise so much!

Universal? No, Disney is more profitable than Universal this year :P Wait to see SW7's wonderful success, that will blow up your mind :P Some analysts thinks it could pass $2B WW! I don't hate Cars, but imo they're the weakest Pixar movies even they're not bad at all, and it's a bit silly, I mean..A world of talking cars and vehicles? How did they build the roads and buildings anyway, with no arms and hands? :P

Edited by Fullbuster

Universal? No, Disney is more profitable than Universal this year :P Wait to see SW7's wonderful success, that will blow up your mind :P Some analysts thinks it could pass $2B WW! I don't hate Cars, but imo they're the weakest Pixar movies even they're not bad at all, and it's a bit silly, I mean..A world of talking cars and vehicles? How did they build the roads and buildings anyway, with no arms and hands? :P

Isn't Universal who's leading the market share?

Isn't Universal who broke every single record this year?

Isn't Universal who have the two biggest movies of year?

I'm confused :thinking:

And yeah, I know that Cars is a silly movie, but it was my fave animation franchise when I was a kid, so, I have a special connection with it :P

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

Isn't Universal who's leading the market share?

Isn't Universal who broke every single record this year?

Isn't Universal who have the two biggest movies of year?

I'm confused :thinking:

And yeah, I know that Cars is a silly movie, but it was my fave animation franchise when I was a kid, so, I have a special connection with it :P

Just for now...Universal is clearly ahead for now, with more $5.5B this year, Disney being slightly above $4B. Hoever no movies from Universal movie is likely to be huge for the rest of the year, only Krampus could surprise a bit. On the other hand Disney still has The Good Dinosaur and Star Wars VII so there is a possibility for them to catch up. I won't complain though : Universal being great is good for everyone because competition is always good, and even if Disney is slightly behind in the end that will still be their best year ever :)