Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

39 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why? Tracking is at $120m-$140m, MJ1 opened with $121m, even with a $140m OW, it probably won't surpass MJ1 in ADMs, since it will have 3D and IMAX, unlike MJ1, what a shame 

TFA tracking was at 185-$210m(did 248m)

JW tracking was at $100m(did $208m)

Avengers tracking was at $150m(did $207m)

THG tracking was at 100m(did $152m)

Deadpoll tracking was at 60-$65m(did $132m)

You can make a MJI over BvS club...:ph34r:

ps:I love THG saga.;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

stop copying me, we all know that you're doing this to not be trolled once that the weak reviews and bad B.O come out

I don't care about any of that unless the b.o. is so bad WB have to cancel the sequels but I'm confident that won't happen.

BTW, I don't think I can't be away for so long, damn it. But I'll avoid the BVS thread for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

TFA tracking was at 185-$210m(did 248m)

JW tracking was at $100m(did $208m)

Avengers tracking was at $150m(did $207m)

THG tracking was at 100m(did $152m)

Deadpoll tracking was at 60-$65m(did $132m)

You can make a MJI over BvS club...:ph34r:

ps:I love THG saga.;)

MJ2 was tracking at $132m (did $104m)

MJ1 at $150m (did $121m)

Ultron at $215m (did $189m)

Maze Runner 2 at $45m (did $30m)

Star Trek 2 at $100m (did $70m)

the thing is: each of these movies that ended above expectations, showed signs that was going to explode, TFA and THG broke records at pre sales, Deadpool and JW was doing massive numbers at social media, unfortunately, BVS has showed zero signs so far, I really hope I'm wrong, though 

Oh, and since you talked about clubs, join my new club: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21321-the-divergent-series-allegiant-under-percy-jackson-2-dom-68m/

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

MJ2 was tracking at $132m (did $104m)

MJ1 at $150m (did $121m)

Ultron at $215m (did $189m)

Maze Runner 2 at $45m (did $30m)

Star Trek 2 at $100m (did $70m)

the thing is: each of these movies that ended above expectations, showed signs that was going to explode, TFA and THG broke records at pre sales, Deadpool and JW was doing massive numbers at social media, unfortunately, BVS has showed zero signs so far, I really hope I'm wrong, though 

Oh, and since you talked about clubs, join my new club: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21321-the-divergent-series-allegiant-under-percy-jackson-2-dom-68m/

Zero signs?

Presales:

59% at Movietickets on Monday(First day)-Deadpool 6%,AoU-21%...

Youtube:

Turkish Airlines-Fly to Gotham-15.8m views    

-Fly to Metropolis:14.2m views

Jimmy Kimmel(delected scene)-4.4m views.

New clip-1.5m views.

Spot 1:2.4m views:

Spot 2:0.95m views

Spot 3:2.2m views

Spot 4:2m views

Yeah, zero signs, the movie has break no records at pre-order so far, not even the March one that was considered an 'easy target', a high peak at Movie Tickets means nothing, the first Divergent also reached 50% at pre-sales there, it means that BVS is going to open in that range? lol

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

:rolleyes:

STOP thinking I'm a hater, Jesus, this is SO unfair!!! I'm always defending DC in this site while attacking Marvel, and now, because of that stupid Napoleon, I'm being seeing as a hater, when I'm actually a bigger fan than him, at least I watched MOS at cinema, he can't say the same, I have a MOS bag, he don't  c3a5bd80-d005-0132-9ab4-0e01949ad350.gif

• Like 1

I have the same MOS bag, three different Blu-ray editions from the US, one from Germany, the book and the deluxe edition of the soundtrack. Not to mention I also buy the comic books and have the other DC movies on Blu-ray, some of them in special imported editions too. I didn't watch MOS at the cinema because at the time I was living in a small town that doesn't have a cinema and I even came to the big city to watch it when I had the chance but the showing was cancelled due to technical issues and I had to watch The Lone Ranger instead. So no, you're not a bigger fan than I am :mellow:

It broke the pre sales record and that's all, it is currently the second biggest local movie of all time, and the biggest movie of year

third*

There were two movies in the past that had over 10 million in admissions

21 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Yeah, zero signs, the movie has break no records at pre-order so far, not even the March one that was considered an 'easy target', a high peak at Movie Tickets means nothing, the first Divergent also reached 50% at pre-sales there, it means that BVS is going to open in that range? lol

With everyone else saying even BKB actually saying 160+ after these tracking and early presales above TDKR and 4-5 times the entire deadpool preslaes is pretty good. I will say you are being a hater or at least incredibly pessimistic  and how do you didn't break any records i have never seen a presales record article anywhere before TFA and even then simply because of how huge it was it is never reported. This movie numbers first choice, awarness, dfeinelty going to see are aboive the avengers at this point and well ahead of JW 

On 3/4/2016 at 7:05 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

stop copying me, we all know that you're doing this to not be trolled once that the weak reviews and bad B.O come out

Actually BKB isn't even this bad as tele explained tracking for big movies is always much lower than what they actually expect in addition the social media presence of this movie is greater than any recent movie save TFA, as it is youtube views as it is awareness, an actual tracker posted that he is saying at it 170 floor right now. BKB is even saying it 165 right now 

9 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

With everyone else saying even BKB actually saying 160+ after these tracking and early presales above TDKR and 4-5 times the entire deadpool preslaes is pretty good. I will say you are being a hater or at least incredibly pessimistic  and how do you didn't break any records i have never seen a presales record article anywhere before TFA and even then simply because of how huge it was it is never reported. This movie numbers first choice, awarness, dfeinelty going to see are aboive the avengers at this point and well ahead of JW 

Ok, here we go, I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being REALISTIC, there's a HUGE difference, how can you say that you never saw articles about pre-sales before? It is super common in the industry, do you want few examples?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hunger-Games-Mockingjay-Part-1-Already-Setting-Sales-Records-67981.html

https://www.nyfa.edu/film-school-blog/50-shades-of-grey-breaks-record-for-advanced-ticket-sales/

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/fault-in-our-stars-breaks-pre-sales-record-as-top-selling-romantic-drama-1201210276/

Even flop movies like Divergent has at least one article talking about it:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Divergent-Drives-Stake-Twilight-First-Day-Advance-Ticket-Sales-Fandango-41978.html

Yeah, I read that part of article where it says that it surpassed TDKR's pre sales, but, even with this information, Deadline still talking in numbers between $120m-$140m, why they're not talking in numbers above $160m then? Maybe because they're expecting the movie to be WAY more front loaded than TDKR, especially because it will have the OD super inflated by the Good Friday, something similar to what happened with F7 last year, and that's not a surprise when comes to DC movies, with the exception of TDK and BB, all their movies are front loaded, even TDKR was.

Just because it is above Avengers and JW at tracking, it does not mean that it will explode like these movies, as I said, these movies showed signs that would break out, BVS has showed nothing so far, even FORBES made an article yesterday talking about this lack of information about pre-sales:

"If Batman v Superman’s numbers were even remotely near a comparable level to The Force Awakens, then there would surely have been at least some brief interruption of service at the ticket sales sites. Maybe not for long periods of time as happened with The Force Awakens, but at least maybe a half hour here or there. We’d have surely heard buzz about sites being overwhelmed or running slower, maybe going down for a few minutes periodically, and those reports would’ve definitely made headlines earlier this week. I have not personally seen or heard anything to suggest numbers anywhere near Star Wars level have been achieved."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/04/what-batman-v-superman-tracking-and-ticket-sales-really-tell-us/#77ce42cc41e5

So, yeah, it is not just me that is saying this. Oh, and actually, the movie already left Movie Ticket's Top 5 after just 5 days at pre sales, I would say that it is pretty worrying at minimum

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

Actually BKB isn't even this bad as tele explained tracking for big movies is always much lower than what they actually expect in addition the social media presence of this movie is greater than any recent movie save TFA, as it is youtube views as it is awareness, an actual tracker posted that he is saying at it 170 floor right now. BKB is even saying it 165 right now 

I don't have idea why you're using BKB as the voice of reason, he's the most delusional person here, God, we're talking about the man who predicted an OW above $250m for Ultron and a $300m total for Ant Man, even Napoleon has more credibility than him, it's obvious that he will expect big numbers for BVS, so, when the movies fails to meet his expectations, he will be the first calling it of 'flop'.

No, the performance of this movie at social media has been lackluster to say the minimum, the movie is always behind X-Men and CW at Twitter tracking, despite the fact that these movies won't open untill May and April, let's read some REAL facts about it's performance at social medias?

http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2016-02-26-twitter-futures-zootopia-set-to-beak-out

http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2016-02-29-facebook-watch-my-big-fat-greek-wedding-2-leads-the-charge

Jesus Christ, the movie is not even in the TOP 10 of Facebook's biggest increases per week

Actually, the movie only started now to be ahead SQ at Twitter, because few weeks ago, it was always behind this movie as well

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

Bkb isn't the voice of reason he the most negative dc person on here and he saying that low he is the lower bound. In Facebook likes its higher than JW and honestly those tweets reflect news there has been no news in regards to this movie during that week I'm sure this week this is number 1. What about the YouTube view argument which you conveniently ignore