Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Thank you South Korea for losing your game against Algeria.Young people in the Algerian community were so happy they decided,as a result,to burn cars and destroy shops.I'm tired of these undereducated barbarians,really...

they burned cars because they won?

Weekend Top 4: (according to filme B )1- HTTYD2 $6.7m2- FiOS $4.3m3- Maleficent $3.4m4- DoFP $1.3mGreat OW for the Dragon, great holds all over!!! Well done Brazil!!! ;)

It's crazy there is no decrease,no World Cup effect.Such a dynamism during such a moment is admirable!

they burned cars because they won?

a lot of Algerian soccer players are born in France (and vice versa),

those French of Algerian descent, want to show their hosts in France, how unsatisfied they are with their situation

Edited by Rudolf

a lot of Algerian soccer players are born in France (and vice versa),those French of Algerian descent, want to show their hosts in France, how unsatisfied they are with their situation

We give them handouts,free healthcare,free school.Despite that they're unwilling to go ahead and use this to succeed,they reject the school system.Sorry but we are in an economic crisis and we have a huge debt,we can't give more and already gave way too much.They can go back in Algeria if they are not satisfied. Edited by Fullbuster

Yes,they like to burn cars when they're happy,or even when they're unhappy..everything is a pretext to screw other people.Don't ask me why,I don't understand stupid people.

Deport them.

I am not anti-immigrant but I am anti-hooligan. Normal people don't react by publicly destroying things even when they are unhappy.

Although I am not like the extremist parties of Europe, I feel like if you are going to come in as a refugee or migrant, you shouldn't add to the country's problems by being part of the criminal organization or being a fucking piece of shit.

This behaviour though is not exclusive to Algerians in France. American kids do it too, maybe not even kids, I'm sure there was a car burning riot somewhere in the last year after some baseball or football team won. Idiots will be idiots. No regard for other people's lives. Deserve to rot in jails for their ignorance and stupidity.

• Like 1

Deport them.I am not anti-immigrant but I am anti-hooligan. Normal people don't react by publicly destroying things even when they are unhappy.Although I am not like the extremist parties of Europe, I feel like if you are going to come in as a refugee or migrant, you shouldn't add to the country's problems by being part of the criminal organization or being a fucking piece of shit.This behaviour though is not exclusive to Algerians in France. American kids do it too, maybe not even kids, I'm sure there was a car burning riot somewhere in the last year after some baseball or football team won. Idiots will be idiots. No regard for other people's lives. Deserve to rot in jails for their ignorance and stupidity.

Given most of them are France-born we can't deport them,particularly if their parents came here legally.But I agree these people are stupid and not punished enough,justice doesn't punish them so they think they can do whatever they want.I'm fine about immigration,but some respect and law-abiding behavior are necessary.Chinese and Vietnamese immigrants are leading the way,people like them. Edited by Fullbuster

Cars, couches, etc often get burned in celebratory fashion after a big win here in the US. College football, NBA, NHL, MLB, you name it. There are idiots everywhere.

Well,it's not because there are people like that outside France we should be more tolerant and lenient here...But as I said they're never punished given most of our judges are marxists thinking these people are just victims of the 'system'People increasingly feel desperate and vote for extremist parties,that's what you get.

BRAZIL/LATIN AMERICA
Posted ImageIn World Cup host country Brazil,How To Train Your Dragon 2opened a strong No. 1 with $6.7M on 905 screens for the 2nd biggest animated opening of all time. The Fault In Our Stars is still going strong in the market where the John Green source book is very popular. The movie was up 6% over last weekend and now has a cume of $18.2M after three weeks. Maleficent is also still playing in Brazil with a cume there of $24M. It’s the film’s 4th biggest overseas market. In MexicoHTTYD2 outperformed the original by a multiple of 2.7+ with $6.8M on 2,437 screens. X-Men: Days Of Future Past landed in Venezuela for the first time with $1.6M on 123 screens and a No. 1 debut.

• Like 1

BRAZIL/LATIN AMERICA

Posted ImageIn World Cup host country Brazil,How To Train Your Dragon 2opened a strong No. 1 with $6.7M on 905 screens for the 2nd biggest animated opening of all time. The Fault In Our Stars is still going strong in the market where the John Green source book is very popular. The movie was up 6% over last weekend and now has a cume of $18.2M after three weeks. Maleficent is also still playing in Brazil with a cume there of $24M. It’s the film’s 4th biggest overseas market. In Mexico, HTTYD2 outperformed the original by a multiple of 2.7+ with $6.8M on 2,437 screens. X-Men: Days Of Future Past landed in Venezuela for the first time with $1.6M on 123 screens and a No. 1 debut.

Second biggest animated opening,really?

It's quite curious given Dragon 1 was not very successful to begin with.