Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

25 minutes ago, CasualName99 said:

What a sensational flop! With such a big IP and the huge success of BVS there, I was expecting WW to at least double what GOTG2 has done.

(I did not really mean it, just wanted to show how an extreme fanboy can interpret two roughly same numbers differently, and then try to come up with nonsense defenses for his interpretation)

Movies have different standard and expectations, you know this right? 

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Movies have different standard and expectations, you know this right? 

Yes, and Wonder Woman was in BVS : one of the highest-grossing movies of all-time while being a conventional superhero.

GOTG2 was in....nothing! And it's sci-fi, genre that Brazilians hate!

Don't be an extremist, think for yourself. The truth? These numbers are great for Wonder Woman, and they're great for GOTG2 as well. End of Story.

• Like 4

What is great for Wonder Woman is that it won't have any real competition for a while, there will be Despicable Me 3 at the end of the month that will take it many screens but tjat's pretty much all. Good legs to expect.

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

What is great for Wonder Woman is that it won't have any real competition for a while, there will be Despicable Me 3 at the end of the month that will take it many screens but tjat's pretty much all. Good legs to expect.

Mumia (2017)
Release Info Brazil     8 June 2017    

• Like 1

About Wonder Woman in Brazil, a reminder in USD

justice-league-movie-team-photo.jpg?itok

DC MOVIES : OPENING WEEKEND IN USD IN BRAZIL

MAN OF STEEL : $4m

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN  : $10.6m

SUICIDE SQUAD : $11.75m

Expected number for Wonder Woman : $7.5m

Reminder 1 : Man of Steel benefited from a much better exchange rate so in local currency it's far lower than the rest

Reminder 2 : That could seem disappointing for WW compared to BVS and SS that were hurt by a worse exchange rate but remember she's not as much famous as Batman/Superman and she's the first female superhero in an ambitious movie. That's not fantastic but it's still a good start, plus WW is likely to benefir from better legs than these 2 because it's a much better movie.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Great opening for WW. Movie was great, audience was clapping throughout, score was great. Did I say Gadot was great? She wasn't, she was Wonderful! :)

Glad you liked it

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Fantastic for Wonder Woman. Brazil really loves DC, can't wait for Justice League numbers...

Even better : they love comicbook movies as a whole, remember that Avengers 2 is still the highest-grossing movie ever in Brazil ;) Still, can't wait to see if Justice League can pass it!

• Like 1

Just watched Wonder Woman in a sold out show.

What a wonderful time to be a DC fan, after the great Suicide Squad, we receive this masterpiece.

My audience was REALLY into the movie, they laughed throughout the whole movie, and clapped hands for at least one minute (not kidding).

WOM will to be out of this world.

• Like 2