Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Transformers still a month away, I thought it was releasing this weekend. Why this delay?

Probably to avoid the very strong competition, from Despicable Me 3 and Spider-Man. August will be quiet.

Edited by Fullbuster

8 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Not august, Tranformers 5 release date in Brazil are 20 july.

I know, I'm talking about legs. Less competition in August means better legs in August for TF5 and more gross. That's a reasonable assumption.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I know, I'm talking about legs. Less competition in August means better legs in August for TF5 and more gross. That's a reasonable assumption.

It makes sense, but I do not think it was a good decision, Brazilians are not used to seeing movies being released here long after the rest of the world, this lessens the hype of the film, I remember Man of Steel was released here 1 month later Of being released in the USA. And made only around R$38 million (local currency) in Brazil, and BVS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman (for sure) all made  over R$95 million here, a big difference from Man of steel, I think It was because of that bad (later) release date.

And Cars on July 13, Apes 3 on August 3 are popular movies here so it will not be free of competition with this new date.

Also Dunkirk on July 27, but do not think it will be big here, Interstellar and Inception numbers were mediocre at best.

Edited by bruchav
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bruchav said:

And Cars on July 13, Apes 3 on August 3 are popular movies here so it will not be free of competition with this new date.

Also Dunkirk on July 27, but do not think it will be big here, Interstellar and Inception numbers were mediocre at best.

Apes only on August 3?? Damn. I guess I'll just wait for home video, unless it's really good and breaks everyone's expectations.

And you're right, Dunkirk won't be big here. People don't care about war movies even if it's directed by Nolan.

• Like 1

On June 24, 2017 at 6:45 PM, jj99 said:

Brazil is always here for my favs.

First, it was Maleficent and now Wondy. 

Female franchise/movies tend to have massive appeal here. Twilight, The Hunger Games, The Fault In Our Stars, BATB, 50SOGY, Maleficent, Me Before You were all massive hits here. Even flop movies like Paper Towns did good numbers here.

On June 24, 2017 at 10:58 PM, Napoleon said:

Transformers still a month away, I thought it was releasing this weekend. Why this delay?

Because it is from Paramount, and they're a bunch of idiots. They did the same thing with Star Trek last year and it bombed. It makes no sense to delay movies here when the piracy is so high as it is in our country. 

11 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

True, I noticed this last year with the release of CS, we're almost always in the top 5 of his biggest markets, haha. 

I know! In fact, the government in Rio has been pestering him for years to make a movie there!

On 25/06/2017 at 3:36 PM, Fullbuster said:

OMG...I didn't follow the exchange rates in quite a while, last time I checked it was $1 = R$3.24 but now it's 3.34??

It's terrible :(

Yeah, really bad, blame for the various political scandals that happened here in the last 2 years, if the government was stable, that was probably $1 = R$ 2,40.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2017 at 4:55 AM, Fullbuster said:

This week Despicable Me 3, it will be interesting to compare it with Minions. Can it compete with Minions? Can it pass Finding Dory?

I'm not very attached to animated movies but I do not see Universal promoting Despicable me 3 as strongly as they promoted Minions, but from what I saw Despicable me franchise still very popular here, the first trailer (dubbed) of the movie released 6 months ago has an absurd number of 9 million views on the Universal channel Brazil (Youtube), and from what I've seen people are still excited about this franchise, so I   think Despicable me 3 can make the same numbers as Minions or Dory , I do not I'd be surprised not even if it beat Dory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bruchav said:

I'm not very attached to animated movies but I do not see Universal promoting Despicable me 3 as strongly as they promoted Minions, but from what I saw Despicable me franchise still very popular here, the first trailer (dubbed) of the movie released 6 months ago has an absurd number of 9 million views on the Universal channel Brazil (Youtube), and from what I've seen people are still excited about this franchise, so I   think Despicable me 3 can make the same numbers as Minions or Dory , I do not I'd be surprised not even if it beat Dory.

Maybe people will be tired of it given it's 4th movie of the franchise? We cannot rule it out.  We'll see.

Edited by Fullbuster