Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

7 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

So American Made is opening in Brazil this weekend. Any idea on how it'll do? Cruise movies typically don't do very well in South American, but I'm curious if it being a drug running movie will give it a bump?

Expect a flop.

16 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

So American Made is opening in Brazil this weekend. Any idea on how it'll do? Cruise movies typically don't do very well in South American, but I'm curious if it being a drug running movie will give it a bump?

It isn't being released this weekend.

Wow at Annabelle: Creation leading for the third week on a row, it's going to be replaced by another Horror movie next week, next week's top 2 will be dominated by two Horror movies, amazing. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They're starting previews for IT at 8PM here, they usually only do this for massive blockbusters like Suicide Squad and Batman VS Superman. My midnight show is already 50% full, and some earlier shows are sold out. 

Then it could beat The Conjuring 2 with some luck :)

10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This isn't weird, I told you last month that it would happen and you doubted it. The crisis is finally affecting the market growing, let's see for how long. 

Well, it's surprising to see the crisis kicking in 2 years after and right at the moment the country is out of recession, probably temporary.

Apart from that the Brazilian currency reached its best level since May and near its strongest performance of the year in March, IT comes at the right moment :)

12 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Jesus Christ, IT is killing here. It already has plenty of sold out shows in my city, and theaters keep adding more shows, I'm really curious to see the numbers, this is going to be absolutely MASSIVE.

Time to update the title then ^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Jesus Christ, IT is killing here. It already has plenty of sold out shows in my city, and theaters keep adding more shows, I'm really curious to see the numbers, this is going to be absolutely MASSIVE.

Same here. Actually, I'm having problems to buy tickets online because of the huge traffic, WOW! 

When will you watch IT, @Fullbuster?