Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

On 10/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, Fullbuster said:

I'd like The Nutcracker to be a surprising success but I don't have any illusion :(

Agree, I think it doesnt looks so bad, but Disney seems to give 0 interest, here in my country there is no advertisements for the movie, only on Disney fb or Instagram profiles, sad. I think about $200M WW luckily 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lor15 said:

Agree, I think it doesnt looks so bad, but Disney seems to give 0 interest, here in my country there is no advertisements for the movie, only on Disney fb or Instagram profiles, sad. I think about $200M WW luckily 

Disney probably have no hope of it having a breakthrough but probably think they can make it profitable thanks to a low-budget marketing + long term sales (DVD, Blu-Ray, TV, Disney Play).

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 3:52 AM, Brunook said:

Box Office (25/10 - 28/10):

Halloween - 5.0/5.0M

Venom - 3.8/64.0M

A Star Is Born - 2.8/16.2M

Hunter Killer - 1.4/1.4M

Tudo Por Um Popstar - 1.4/12.3M

**Local currency 

Nothing big so far...

This late year seems way slower than late last year that's for sure, at the time they had Thor 3 doing big :o

There are reports of people getting angry at the gay scenes in Bohemian Rhapsody, shouting the elected president's name and saying he will kill gay people. Yikes. I don't recognize this country anymore. We were making so much progress. Let's hope it's just a phase and that in a few years we get back in the right direction.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There are reports of people getting angry at the gay scenes in Bohemian Rhapsody, shouting the elected president's name and saying he will kill gay people. Yikes. I don't recognize this country anymore. We were making so much progress. Let's hope it's just a phase and that in a few years we get back in the right direction.

Good luck...

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I googled that but couldn't find more than some random tweets, strange that in 2018 nobody filmed that stupid people who shouted that nonsense. 

Anyway the film made about R$10M which i think is a fantastic number, general audience seem to love BR over there as in the rest of the world. Shame on that crazy fanatics.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:39 PM, Brunook said:

Box Office (01/11 - 04/11):

Bohemian Rhapsody - 9.3/9.3M

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - 6.1/6.1M

Halloween - 4.3/11.4M

Venom - 3.1/68.6M

A Star Is Born - 2.7/19.8M

**Local currency 

That's really slow compared to last year..Only Aquaman seems likely to significantly speed up the cycle. Unless I forget another movie..

Just now, lor15 said:

FB2 doesn't have much appeal?

FB1 did relatively well but it was a far cry from the Harry Potter days so I don't expect FB2 to suddenly boom, this kind of movies with fantasy doesn't seem to be in sync with the current Brazilian tastes.

• Sad 1