Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

18 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

They operate under the assumption that the Brasilian left is literally the devil and the guy who have switched parties 9 times is gonna stick to his world this time and be market-friendly. Obviously they believe him because he is not a leftist. 

You know why the real got under $4 USD? Because a single poll showed Bolsonaro gaining a couple of points. Really disgusting. I have some news, but they are in spanish Euphoria in Brazilian markets after favorable poll for Bolsonaro ; Markets vote for far right Bolsonaro in Brazil

Indeed, I was wondering earlier today why the real went under $1 = R$4 with Bolsonaro gaining ground...I guess you're right, the markets want Bolsonaro, I'm usually fine with markets but in that case it's unacceptable, and if he wins I'm sure many businessmen and businesses will be screwed one way or another.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

:ph34r:

Bloomberg News says that Brazilian markets will rise because many investors favor Bolsonaro over Haddad. You know, the general perception that a right winger is better for the stocks than a left winger.

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There is still hope. I believe Haddad will win.

Hopefully not. Is he even the real candidate, by the way? The real one is arrested, and the last thing we want, is a criminal ( arrested and doing things behind the jail ) being the President. Haddad is a corrupt man, just like PT overall.  

I think Bolsonaro wins easily.

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Hopefully not. Is he even the real candidate, by the way? The real one is arrested, and the last thing we want, is a criminal ( arrested and doing things behind the jail ) being the President. Haddad is a corrupt man, just like PT overall.  

I think Bolsonaro wins easily.

I don't believe Haddad is corrupt, and neither are Lula and Dilma. At least not in the sense that we most associate the word with. I believe they are serious people who want to do good. The sad reality about our country is that the whole system is corrupt.

Deep down you suspect some people in the campaign and inside the administration are doing wrong stuff, but you don't want to know about it, you don't want to be involved. These are mostly powerful people who you don't want to be enemies with, so you just turn a blind eye. That's how politics work. You have to deal with powerful, corrupt people. There is no other way.

Bolsonaro is going to do the same thing if he's elected. Dirty politicians will demand power inside his administration in exchange to not be a threat to it. He already shows no sign of respect for our democracy by allowing his campaign to spread fake news about the other candidates. This is as serious as stealing taxpayers' money. They are influencing people's vote based on lies. 

Truth is none of the presidential candidates this year would be the solution to the corruption problem. But Lula and Dilma strenghtened independent investigative agencies, and that's how many scandals inside their administrations were made public and the people involved were punished. Personally, I don't believe Bolsonaro would do the same. The way he disrespects our democracy, I believe he will do anything to cover the wrong doings inside his administration and manipulate public's opinion, just like he is already doing in the campaign.

People shouldn't expect magic solutions and the perfect president. Haddad won't solve all of our problems. But he is compromised with our democracy, he is open to dialog with opposite parties, and he is focused on fixing the economy and creating millions of jobs. He is our best option and History will show it. If Bolsonaro wins, people who elected him will regret it. I'm 100% sure of it.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't believe Haddad is corrupt, and neither are Lula and Dilma. At least not in the sense that we most associate the word with. I believe they are serious people who want to do good. The sad reality about our country is that the whole system is corrupt.

Deep down you suspect some people in the campaign and inside the administration are doing wrong stuff, but you don't want to know about it, you don't want to be involved. These are mostly powerful people who you don't want to be enemies with, so you just turn a blind eye. That's how politics work. You have to deal with powerful, corrupt people. There is no other way.

Bolsonaro is going to do the same thing if he's elected. Dirty politicians will demand power inside his administration in exchange to not be a threat to it. He already shows no sign of respect for our democracy by allowing his campaign to spread fake news about the other candidates. This is as serious as stealing taxpayers' money. They are influencing people's vote based on lies. 

Truth is none of the presidential candidates this year would be the solution to the corruption problem. But Lula and Dilma strenghtened independent investigative agencies, and that's how many scandals inside their administrations were made public and the people involved were punished. Personally, I don't believe Bolsonaro would do the same. The way he disrespects our democracy, I believe he will do anything to cover the wrong doings inside his administration and manipulate public's opinion, just like he is already doing in the campaign.

People shouldn't expect magic solutions and the perfect president. Haddad won't solve all of our problems. But he is compromised with our democracy, he is open to dialog with opposite parties, and he is focused on fixing the economy and creating millions of jobs. He is our best option and History will show it. If Bolsonaro wins, people who elected him will regret it. I'm 100% sure of it.

No, thanks.

I don't want a man who thinks Venezuela is a democracy.  I won't derail this topic, though. I just gave my piece about the whole ordeal, lol. No Haddad, hopefully.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

All right. 

I think it is very very difficult, almost impossible to change yesterday results

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

No, thanks.

I don't want a man who thinks Venezuela is a democracy.  I won't derail this topic, though. I just gave my piece about the whole ordeal, lol. No Haddad, hopefully.  :)

He said the complete opposite of that: https://www.gazetadopovo.com.br/eleicoes/2018/haddad-muda-discurso-do-pt-e-diz-que-venezuela-nao-e-democracia-cax04efyci91j65iatzhpkm0i

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Of course he said that. He wants to be elected, lol. 

Anyway, theater was full today, so i guess numbers will be better for the week. XD

19 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

The ER is improving pretty fast, the markets seem happy about Bolsonaro.

By the way, do we know who voted for Bolsonaro? What is his electorate exactly?

Like I said earlier, Bloomberg reported that the markets will rise because the investors really like Bolsonaro as opposed to Haddad.

2 hours ago, UserHN said:

Like I said earlier, Bloomberg reported that the markets will rise because the investors really like Bolsonaro as opposed to Haddad.

I checked and the guy doesn't even have an economic program, that's the void, he doesn't even know what he will do once in power...If I was an investor I would be very cautious and skeptical.

I'm not saying Haddad is much better on that front though, nobody in Brazil seems to know what to do so the country is pretty unlucky.

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I checked and the guy doesn't even have an economic program, that's the void, he doesn't even know what he will do once in power...If I was an investor I would be very cautious and skeptical.

I'm not saying Haddad is much better on that front though, nobody in Brazil seems to know what to do so the country is pretty unlucky.

And maybe markets are starting to realize it somehow, the ER stagnated today...

I'm honestly unable to predict the ER for the next 2 years, this lack of stability makes it impossible!