Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Inside Out 2 close to $72M; will Day One create much noise?

Guardians up $0.4M/$7M to $239.3M (+55.35% from GOTG2/3-Day is +17.8%) and 3.2 admissions well over Vol 2's 2.8M.

Mario is a bit down to $1.451B so still needs another weekend to beat Endgame. $45M weekend on par with Coco but still below Avatar 2 record.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

Guardians up $0.4M/$7M to $239.3M (+55.35% from GOTG2/3-Day is +17.8%) and 3.2 admissions well over Vol 2's 2.8M.

Mario is a bit down to $1.451B so still needs another weekend to beat Endgame. $45M weekend on par with Coco but still below Avatar 2 record.

What are your expectations for full run for Guardians? Can it beat Wakanda Forever full run?

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

What are your expectations for full run for Guardians? Can it beat Wakanda Forever full run?

Yeah it should be the goal. WOM is great and I think it could pull a Maverick in terms of staying power despite competition.

• Like 1

Weekend Records Look like this now:

First weekend (TFSS): Avengers: Endgame - $603M

First weekend (5 Days):  Spiderman: NWH - $694.9M

Second weekend: MARIO - $292.1M, Toy Story 4 - $250M 

Third weekend: Coco - $159.15M, MARIO - $146.3M 

Fourth weekendMARIO - $128.8M, Avatar: The Way of Water - $76M, Coco - $74.98M

5th Weekend Record: Avatar 2 - $56.6M, Push in Boots 2 - $49.1M , MARIO -  $45.6M

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 4
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:40 AM, Carlangonz said:

First 30 hours of sales

1531 sold/15448 total available. 

0.26 of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 -  (T-0 Days) 

VIP dubbed and 4DX-3D most occupied shows so far. Let's see how much it moves across the weekend and with the Guardians/Mario combo and get back on Monday.

Fast X Previews (T-9 Days)

The one missing location that hadn't started sales is now on and off to a great start.

3,045 sold / 17,085 total available (+80.47% on same locations, +98.89% with +1 location)

x0.46 of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - (T-0 Days)

Strong weekend despite all things considered. We'll see how back-loaded can turn and behave in the final week especially because expanding the sample has completely given a new perspective on numbers as previous two locations are only at 32% and 37% of Guardians'.

I've always assumed that Fast saga behaves stronger in 2nd and 3rd tier markets than 1st tier cities and presales are kinda confirming it.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 3

SOME SUMMER NOTES

Fast saga has been a front-loaded one so even with a bigger opening may finish even or below Guardians' final number. Ending is the best for this one.

Little Mermaid is going on sale later this week. Is opening on the 25th with any sort of previews or midights and once again Disney is going low on screens for a start. I've been thinking somewhere between Dumbo and Maleficent 2 unadjusted ($400M-$500M) but it desperately needs a great reception.

Sales for Across the Spiderverse should go live next week. We'll see how far it can go. Aside from No Way Home most of Spidey titles since Raimi era close with 10M-11M admissions so thinking of it chasing Incredibles 2 (15M+) may be a bit premature but after first one reception and first hours in US/CAN there's certainly a chance.

Similar to what Guardians did for Marvel, Elemental needs to gain confidence back for Pixar with a strong reception and hopefully avoids comp from all Spiderverse, Flash and Ruby Gillman to finish over Lightyear.

Warner is really going all in with such an anticipated campaign for Flash which is not only getting a very-early look to press but already flooding ads everywhere. No date for presales so let's see if they go ahead of time for it as well.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 6

GOTG3 already surpassed the first movie in lc and should reach volume two's total by Friday.

357,210,698 GOTG2
259,156,546 GOTG

If it hits 450M lc on Sunday it will jump into the all time Top 60 in lc, plus a great $25M total- ER still on Quill's favour!

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

On 5/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, Carlangonz said:

Fast X Previews (T-9 Days)

The one missing location that hadn't started sales is now on and off to a great start.

3,045 sold / 17,085 total available (+80.47% on same locations, +98.89% with +1 location)

x0.52 of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - (T-0 Days)

Fast X Previews (T-7 Days)

3,970 sold / 17,153 seats available (+30.38% from T-9)

+1 show/+68 seats

x0.60 of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (T-0 Days)

Sales across locations is all over the place due to allocation and different sales patterns. May take until Mon to get a better picture of everything.

Won't be able to update until Monday and maybe Friday if I get enough time. Little Mermaid will be up tomorrow and I wasn't planning on getting data until T-7 but actually could be a good comp for Barbie so I'll take first 36 hours.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$16.0M total for GOTG3 up to Tue. Groot got legs.

Still same pace as Wakanda Forever. Bodes well for $450M after Sunday. Wakanda had no competition but a holiday on 2nd Monday so I'm going cautious tho it could definitely be higher by another $10M-$15M.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:44 AM, Carlangonz said:

I think they did a Mojo with ER 

After the dive it took this weekend seems a low chance at this point in lc. Admissions actually was never in play.

Next weekend should hold well but once Fast X comes out it'll quickly lose both screens and shows. It could have good late legs because I still feel like Little Mermaid is going to be a hit or miss and Elemental comes until late June but still Spiderverse is taking any spillover it may have.

It's very unfair to say that, but I will be disappointed if Mario fails to catch NWH in lc.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:45 PM, Carlangonz said:

Warner is really going all in with such an anticipated campaign for Flash which is not only getting a very-early look to press but already flooding ads everywhere. No date for presales so let's see if they go ahead of time for it as well.

I think Guardians having a huge increase over previous titles given the excellent WOM and also Mexico overall great momentum in BO, is a sign that Flash could be a huge hit with similar reception. Maybe I am being too bullish, but I expect it to be confortably above The Batman.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

GOTG3 total in lc is 293M up to Tue. At this rate, it will also jump over Quantumania by Friday.

I'd take Taquilla Mx numbers with a grain of salt. I think they're toying with ER and not considering higher weekend actuals. Wednesday posts its best weekday yet with $26.4M reaching $312M. I'm still thinking o/u $450M and with strong ER also o/u $25M by Sunday. 

13 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

It's very unfair to say that, but I will be disappointed if Mario fails to catch NWH in lc.

$1.53B-$1.55B at the end because won't stand much competition.

5 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Wouldn't be surprised if The Flash gets very close to Joker.

Agree. Of course also need a strong reception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1