Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Apes repeat on top; good $3.2M OW for IF; no bright future for Tarot

22 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

CANACINE playing games again. Weekly tally for A2 = 233.4M lc, which would give a total of 503.3M lc from OD, close to what's been reported. 

However, total Cume is shown as... 542.9M lc. Not a single clue what's going on.

They included Monday for all Movies.

$44m for Monday seems alright for Avatar 2.

Also, The Weekly Tally is like this:

1st OW -->  265.7

Mon-Sun -->  233.3 [Weekly Tally they are calling]

Total -  $499m

Edited by Shanks
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Ugh. CANACINE is making numbers up, this is what they published last week. Thanks for clarifying, fabulous Monday ($2.25M).

pyUZMtv.png

On 12/19/2022 at 10:50 PM, Shanks said:

México (15-18 Dec)

1. Avatar: TheWayOfWater -  $236.7M  //   $265.7m
  2. Black Panther  -   $9.8M   //  $682m
  3. Violent Night -   $4.1M  //  $33.9m
  4. Strange World -   $2.5M  //  $37.8m
  5. Maremoto -   $1.8M  // 18.5m
  6. Malevolo -   $1.7M   // $6.4m
  7. MarDeSangre -   $1.5M   //  $7.3m
  8. TheMenu -    $1.3M  //  $30.2m
  9. Men -   $762k
  10. JeepersCreepers -  $746k   //  $30.4m

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purple Minion said:

Top Movies All Time (lc)

35    575,974,938    Avatar (2009)

39    542,900,000    Avatar: The Way of Water (2022)

The Avatar sequel kicks Star Wars: The Force Awakens out of the Top 50.

Is StarWars not a big thing in Mexico ? Also is MCU the biggest brand in Mexico among Hollywood movies ?

I was kinda confused as well but I have the same as @Shanks. Actuals from the weekend were below estimates but Monday was stellar which is barely down from last Monday. Weekend wasn't off from the drop I estimated compared to RO but I'm dropping that comp; I also don't think NWH is going to be useful at least for another two weeks. 

Right now is getting similar drops as Aquaman. I could see holds similar to Aquaman until Week 4 and then late legs a la NWH.

Plenty of talk throughout the thread but short answer is no @upriser7; SW and another sci-fi sagas are really not massive; they're popular but not massive with GA. MCU and Pixar are current kings; Illumination, Jurassic saga and Fast And Furious are next.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Is StarWars not a big thing in Mexico ? Also is MCU the biggest brand in Mexico among Hollywood movies ?

Star Wars is not a big thing anywhere in LATAM honestly. It has a decent following in some circles, but the GA appeal is nowhere near superheroes, dinos, cars&family, giant robots and all those things...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

$1.9M Tuesday as per BO Pro. Mere 5% drop from last Tuesday and around $580M by now. Shall be on par with Wakanda Forever by New Year's and on par with Multiverse of Madness before holidays are over. 

what are your expectations right now for full run ? Can it do $55M USD ?

Yesterday A2 should have passed Thor 4 to become the #6 movie of the year.  At today's ER, 1B lc = $51.62M. I will be quite content if A2 is the solitary "billionaire" of the year.

Puss in Boots 2 must be doing good business, lots of screens and kids are out of school.

M3gan also opening in a decent number of screens. could it repeat the success from other recent horror films?

9 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I think it doesn't have one yet. Won't make much money anyway; only Elvis and Bohemian Rhapsody have been successful over here.

Thanks... The movie is doing well in the UK in early numbers (already 2.35 million in Monday-Thursday), also doing good in Australia in early numbers, when I go on vacation to Mexico I often hear Whitney music playing in clubs, stores, etc. so who knows...  Yeah I only see "in 2023" listed for Mexico so far, so hopefully they announce the release date soon...

Edited by wboxoffice