Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

24 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

La Llorona OD = $5.3M, very close to 100M lc. 

Shazam! reached a respectable $14.2M total.

Dumbo keeps surprising, $20.2M and counting!

Surprised on how front-loaded was Llorona.
Great for Shazam! Hope can pass $15M before Friday.
My very early forecast for Dumbo came very well, hope those good news also come with Aladdin and Lion KingMaleficent 2 is unpredictable by now.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'll be able to do the last update of tracking for midnights but right now I can let you know that in Mexico City, Cinemex has sold-out all their locations and theatres keep selling out and adding past-3:30 shows. What's really insane is that the number of sellouts only for Mexico City is almost as big as the last number of sellouts I registered for Infinity War... for our top 10 cities! 

Cinépolis keeps adding midnights in the very few places it still can but no trace about more 3:30-5:00 shows. 

What I do can make is a last forecast but I still need to do a few adjustments to put quite a "realistic" prediction. The highest numbers I'm seeing for OD and OW are just... mind-blowing. 

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 5

57 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

What I do can make is a last forecast but I still need to do a few adjustments to put quite a "realistic" prediction. The highest numbers I'm seeing for OD and OW are just... mind-blowing. 

Is the 'OW over Captain Marvel total' I've been calling for looking better and better? :bouncy:

11 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

It's going to be THAT week everywhere.

Well, maybe except in Japan and some European countries. 

i wouldnt even say that, even europe seems to be going nut with it well ok not like a star wars movie but WAY BIGGER THAN IW

TFA did around 650 million $ ,with a much weaker $ ,in Europe. TLJ did around 450 milIion $ in Europe. I doubt endgame will perform much worse even with a stronger $ even compared to the two biggest Star Wars films ever in Europe.

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

TFA did around 650 million $ ,with a much weaker $ ,in Europe. TLJ did around 450 milIion $ in Europe. I doubt endgame will perform much worse even with a stronger $ even compared to the two biggest Star Wars films ever in Europe.

Infinity War did about $320m in Europe. I'm expecting $350m - $375m from Endgame. 

41 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Is the 'OW over Captain Marvel total' I've been calling for looking better and better? :bouncy:

It’s looking worse imo because CM will now go 1.13+   

Jesus, obviously you meant Mexico 😅

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Looking forward to your Endgame estimates @Carlangonz! 600M lc 4-day OW is my wildest expectation. 

No numbers for Frida 2 yet but based on weekdays it should do well. Dumbo dropped a mere 32%!

3-Day OW actually, although this time I do would've liked it to open on Thursday. Anyway should get the typical boost from Children's Day (Tuesday) and Worker's Day (Wednesday).

About $220M until Sunday. Should pass first Frida if estimates go up or tomorrow afternoon. Actually everything had great holds this weekend, strength thanks to Easter.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 7:02 AM, Carlangonz said:

To put things on perspective:

IW OD is enough to be on Top 20 OW all-time, OW is enough for Top 35 all-time, maybe even Top 30.

Probably the same for Endgame, although this time Top 30 on OW hands down. Maybe even Top 15 OW on OD and that's it (or not? 👀)

• Astonished 2