Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Weekend numbers: Encanto 32.6M lc 😶, Ghostbusters 23.5M lc, Gucci 21.1M lc. By next Sunday Eternals should pass 300M lc and Venom 2 500M lc.

It's all 🥱 at this point when NWH should beat every number in this post combined before 2nd weekend

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

5 days opening make it tough to compare.

A:EG 9.2M 3 days admits. AIW 8.15M.

I guess 10M 5 days admits for M$750M ($35M) 5-days weekend

this @Carlangonz

If there has been no loss of screens or any restrictions, this sounds very reasonable to me.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

M$75 not possible? Eternals overall is M$69 I think, OW can manage M$75 I guess.

I was actually looking at Venom which started and has mantained at $65. It's more of an issue of Eternals being more loaded to premium formats and 1st tier cities. But I think it could settle on $72

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

From early counting I can tell you this obliterated Infinity War's Day One (and at least six more days). And I have great news, I had a backup database where I tracked all of Endgame's full opening day incl. midnights so this will be fun.

Good, i cant wait to see The performance in Mexico

I lost my Cinépolis tracking (only NWH luckily) by mistake :(

But

At Cinemex, No Way Home is flying above Endgame's first day of sales. No Way Home is below in sold-outs but far above in overall sales.

At Cinépolis from my early comps it seemed to be slightly below but still stronger than Infinity War.

Edited by Carlangonz

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

Within 3 days of sales, No Way Home has outsold Infinity War at Cinemex. Just like Endgame, took only one city's effort to destroy a 11 major cities comp. It's already more than halfway through Endgame's final sales as well.

YOOOOOO!

John Cena Wtf GIF by WWE

Before I start getting questioned I gotta say that those Cinemex records won't happen at Cinépolis where it'll behave pretty much on line with a 10%-15% difference. Cinemex is overperforming because it doesn't track as well as Cinépolis for regular sessions (non-midnight). Endgame at Cinépolis was selling out regular sessions not only for OD but for the full opening weekend and April 30th and May 1st sessions; Cinemex was doing the same but in a much lesser volume, nowhere near comparable as NWH.

Summarizing; lack of midnights has benefited Cinemex but not much to Cinépolis. Nevertheless, I was expecting it to be closer to IW rather than Endgame, so this is overperforming expectations anyway.

7 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Before I start getting questioned I gotta say that those Cinemex records won't happen at Cinépolis where it'll behave pretty much on line with a 10%-15% difference. Cinemex is overperforming because it doesn't track as well as Cinépolis for regular sessions (non-midnight). Endgame at Cinépolis was selling out regular sessions not only for OD but for the full opening weekend and April 30th and May 1st sessions; Cinemex was doing the same but in a much lesser volume, nowhere near comparable as NWH.

Summarizing; lack of midnights has benefited Cinemex but not much to Cinépolis. Nevertheless, I was expecting it to be closer to IW rather than Endgame, so this is overperforming expectations anyway.

1.3B LC on the table?