11 members have voted

1. 1. Buried

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

"Buried" Movie Mini Review

My favorite film of 2010. One of the few films I've stepped away from and seriously wondered how the heck they pulled that off. You feel the claustrophobic, working against time, suspense-filled mission that Ryan Reynolds is going through. The story's put together fantastically, and there was this unexpected emotional punch at the end that put this over the top. It's rare a movie like this comes along, and I think it worked really really well.

10/10 or a "Marry it."

After the Credits! Listen to the song during the credits! For some reason it fits perfectly after the movie. And I think, i'm fuzzy here, but there is a small clip after the credits that shows some of Paul Conroy's markings on the top of the coffin he was in.

Don't have much urge to rewatch it, but back when I saw it in the theater it hit every note just right. If I remember correctly Lionsgate wanted to roll it out like Open Water or Paranormal Activity, with the same late September release date, and it was pretty disappointing (if understandable) when people decided to stay away. The direction and Reynolds' performance are excellent in this.