filmlover

Queer | A24 | Luca Guadagnino, Daniel Craig

No way a Burroughs adaptation wouldn’t be divisive lol 

Letterboxd is more a love / hate situation than actually mixed 

Curious about the actual reviews, Luca isn’t unknown to divisive (his Suspiria is great tho i don’t care what people say).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I've heard it feels a little unfinished

Apparently the movie was 153m long and Luca edited it down to 135m quite quickly, rumours that for A24 request in order for them to accept being the distributor.

Maybe that’s why. I suppose he can still work on it until proper release, if it’s the case.

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'll say it would make things easier for Amazon to push Challengers and A24 to push their other movies if this gets a less unanimous reception

Apparently the movie is very Lynch-esque and pushed hard on surrealism.

I doubt Oscars will get anywhere near this even with good reviews, which i think it’ll get.

A24 is probably in trouble tho, because Babygirl doesn’t look much different.

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Apparently the movie was 153m long and Luca edited it down to 135m quite quickly, rumours that for A24 request in order for them to accept being the distributor.

Maybe that’s why. I suppose he can still work on it until proper release, if it’s the case.

Could be. Should add though that my friend still really liked it, so not a big deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Barbera said it was 3 hours long initially, then 153m and 135m. I think he said 3 hours cut was better.