charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Another stellar day for A2. It's the first time the water flow (average gain over 7 days) indicates A2 to beat RO. Can make it comfortable if cuts the deficit significantly over the weekend. A2 dropped 15% and up 43% from last week whereas RO decreased 20% and only up 20% from its previous week.

WATERSO SHOWDOWN  - AVATAR 2 VS ROGUE ONE

DAY 13: (WEDNESDAY) AVATAR 20.6m

DAY 13: (WEDNESDAY) ROGUE ONE 18m

WATER TEMP: WARM (+2.6m)

CUME: AVATAR 338m  VS ROGUE ONE 358.6m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 215.5m

WATER FLOW 563m

20.6 is extremely strong & I think this movie is starting to distance itself from Rogue 1. 

Thinking it lands at around 17.5-18 today. (Just my guess)

I feel like this weekend will be bigger than last.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

OT: But since Disney is still dominating the box office and we want more pages.

Andor, where have you been all my life?  I said The GOTG Holiday special was the best thing Disney had done all year for tv or theatrical, but that's before I started streaming this show.  It's like Star Wars found "it" again - through 4 episodes, it's so good, and I'm 100% hooked.  If this show only gets one season, I'm hanging up my Star Wars card b/c this is Star Wars, and I'm glad I found it again.

PS - I'm gonna say this, and then the show will go to cr&p...but here's hoping.

PPS - I know I heard rumors that they weren't gonna continue this show, but they need to...there needs to be some "finding" of this show and letter writing campaigns...

Star Wars has been having "IT" before Andor, Episode VII was good, Episode VIII was best Star Wars movie as of now, things went not as expected when they listened to the fandom Menace and made Episode IX changing the good original plan they had for some vocal minority online.

The Mandolorian was good, The b batch is good, Rogue one is good and that movie was made even better than it was by the changes Kathleen made like hiring Tony Gilroy for reeshots and rewrite wich gives you Andor. She has not even been as bad as people say, Star Wars is today better than ever, a lot of the Series are good, Movies were mostly good, heck Star Wars Video Games are good again.

6 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Not tracking PiB so I'm I can't be sure but due to scale and composition there should be fewer variations in pattern. 

#120MillionOrBust

#150MillionOrBust

7 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Not tracking PiB so I'm I can't be sure but due to scale and composition there should be fewer variations in pattern. 

Hoping the drop is in the single digits percentage wise. 

7 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

#120MillionOrBust

Read my mind. I want it to beat Lightyear so bad!!

4 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

That's just icing on top of the 120M cake if it comes true. Lightyear is my benchmark atm

PIB made just shy of $33M in first (storm deflated) week. I think floor is 3x ($100M), mid range is 3.5-4x (115-130), and top end result is Jumanji WTJ like 4.5x ($150M+)

Good WOM and no family competition for a long while make me lean towards higher end, $120-$160 range 

Edited by M37
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, M37 said:

PIB made just shy of $33M in first (storm deflated) week. I think floor is 3x ($100M), mid range is 3.5-4x (115-130), and top end result is Jumanji WTJ like 4.5x ($150M+)

Good WOM and no family competition for a long while make me lean towards higher end, $120-$160 range 

I would probably nuance that a little

5 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

no idea what this is supposed to mean

I figured because Sheldon kept calling you "brother Alex", you were biased for Avatar. So in turn, being contrarian against any film that comes out in proximity to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by Alex SciChannel

9 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It's due to China, as mentioned before. If you take China out, the numbers are vastly different. Point in case the reason for very few 1 billion hits since the pandemic as that market is in limbo.

@Sheldon Cr could you imagine if Cameron actually direct a Spidey flick? Now, THAT would a homecoming for the ages.

I know right as much as I love Ramis Spidey 2 and the original. If the original spidey had been done by James..😱😱😱. Wow that would have been out of this world indeed my brother!

👍😄

5 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I figured because Sheldon kept calling you "brother Alex", you were biased for Avatar. So in turn, being contrarian against any film that comes out in proximity to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Shel sees everyone as brothers and sisters.

I'm aiming to be a constantly improving Christ follower.🙏