Box Office Hit

It Ends With Us | Sony | August 9, 2024

16 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

He's playing as her abuser

I know the story. Still doesn't mean the two actors can't promote together. 

Again Lively posed at the Red carpet premier with the other actor but not with him (and he's the director too). Definitely they avoided each other.

And this

other promotional stuff. All the cast but no the main actor.

In the last video he made with the same journalist a separated interview. Yeah could be cause he's the director too but never being with Lively for all the promotional cycle can't be a coincidence 

7 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I know the story. Still doesn't mean the two actors can't promote together. 

Again Lively posed at the Red carpet premier with the other actor but not with him (and he's the director too). Definitely they avoided each other.

And this

other promotional stuff. All the cast but no the main actor.

In the last video he made with the same journalist a separated interview. Yeah could be cause he's the director too but never being with Lively for all the promotional cycle can't be a coincidence 

Even if they are doing separate promo to avoid "glamorizing an abusive relationship", Blake and the book's author aren't even following Justin Baldoni on Instagram (all three are very actively promoting the movie on the platform). Here's Blake on the red carpet saying Ryan wrote a scene in the movie:

Justin is also the director, speculation is that his vision of the film and Blake's weren't entirely on the same page. But Blake is more famous so....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Even if they are doing separate promo to avoid "glamorizing an abusive relationship", Blake and the book's author aren't even following Justin Baldoni on Instagram (all three are very actively promoting the movie on the platform). Here's Blake on the red carpet saying Ryan wrote a scene in the movie:

Justin is also the director, speculation is that his vision of the film and Blake's weren't entirely on the same page. But Blake is more famous so....

None of the cast are following him.

15 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I don't think making interviews together would "glamorize toxic relationship" so yeah definitely something big happened. As you said no One in the cast follow the director and not only Lively but also the other co star didn't make a photo with him at the Red carpet 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I don't think making interviews together would "glamorize toxic relationship" so yeah definitely something big happened. As you said no One in the cast follow the director and not only Lively but also the other co star didn't make a photo with him at the Red carpet 😅

Drama confirmed:

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that there was a fracture among the filmmakers in the postproduction process, wherein two different cuts of the movie emerged.

More highlights:

• The Instagram activity is notable because Baldoni and Colleen Hoover did appear on each other's accounts during the movie's development.
  • Ryan Reynolds did write dialogue for the rooftop scene, but was too busy with Deadpool & Wolverine to be a huge creative force on IEWU.
  • Blake got a D&W editor to do a separate cut of IEWU, though it's unclear if any of this cut is in the final movie. However, "one insider played down any friction, noting that it is not uncommon for a film to have several cuts emerge during post, adding that the team was in agreement on the final cut." Uh huh.

It probably doesn't help that he seems to be promoting the film as a serious look at domestic violence, while she's leaning into red carpet looks and crossover promo with her husband's comic book franchise movie.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Drama confirmed:

More highlights:

• The Instagram activity is notable because Baldoni and Colleen Hoover did appear on each other's accounts during the movie's development.
  • Ryan Reynolds did write dialogue for the rooftop scene, but was too busy with Deadpool & Wolverine to be a huge creative force on IEWU.
  • Blake got a D&W editor to do a separate cut of IEWU, though it's unclear if any of this cut is in the final movie. However, "one insider played down any friction, noting that it is not uncommon for a film to have several cuts emerge during post, adding that the team was in agreement on the final cut." Uh huh.

It probably doesn't help that he seems to be promoting the film as a serious look at domestic violence, while she's leaning into red carpet looks and crossover promo with her husband's comic book franchise movie.

Still doesn't explain why rest of the cast isn't following him either and even Jenny Slate avoided questions asking about him.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

Still doesn't explain why rest of the cast isn't following him either and even Jenny Slate avoided questions asking about him.

There’s a separate article that came out that made it seem like Justin went into method acting too much, focused too much on DV from male perspective and made his cast mates uncomfortable. 

I don’t know what happened since I wasn’t there and all of this is coming from “sources” but based on how Justin is talking in interviews it sounds like he’s been trying to get ahead of this. He mentioned how it was important for him to capture the perspective of the female which is complete opposite of what’s being reported. I don’t know how Blake or Ryan acted on set but if all of the cast isn’t interacting with him and unfollowing him on social media, it sounds more like he was the issue…

• Like 2

The movie opened #1 on Friday also in the UK, Australia and Portugal. 

With a 45-50M opening in the US even if very frontloaded 110-120M domestic should be locked and with Its strong International appeal too i would say 200M global should be locked too 

Edited by vale9001

31 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Why haven't they announced the sequel yet? 

I remember Summit announced they were doing New Moon the day after Twilight opened.

I guess now we're gonna get a Colleen Hoover invasion like it was for Nicholas Sparks or John Green.  She has like 15-20 novels are all best sellers now. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Sneider said apparently that director didn't do anything bad but there were two cuts: his more focused on the topic and Lively's focused on her character and journey, his cut tested stronger but the studio decided to release Lively's. Guess maybe both camps were pressuring castmates for support but in the end she and her husband are the stars so...

40 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Sneider said apparently that director didn't do anything bad but there were two cuts: his more focused on the topic and Lively's focused on her character and journey, his cut tested stronger but the studio decided to release Lively's. Guess maybe both camps were pressuring castmates for support but in the end she and her husband are the stars so...

But could all the castmates be brainwashed to the extend that they'd even refuse to acknowledge the director at all? I mean you could still be on Blake's camp and atleast say a few nice words about Justin when even if just for a formality. But idk that Jenny Slate video seemed very weird to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I guess now we're gonna get a Colleen Hoover invasion like it was for Nicholas Sparks or John Green.  She has like 15-20 novels are all best sellers now. 

15-20?? God help us all.

31 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

15-20?? God help us all.

Not all of the same series 😅. This only has a sequel if i'm not wrong.

I didn't read anyone of them expect for it ends with us but for what i read they're not only romantic love stories but some of them are also just thriller.

One of them is called Vanity and it's the most successfull after It ends.... Probably someone is already working on the movie. 

Edit: yeah Amazon Is working on It. Should be a theatrical release at this point

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/colleen-hoover-thriller-verity-movie-amazon-mgm-1235887961/

Edited by vale9001

‘It Ends With Us’: How Blake Lively Was “A Creative Tour De Force” In Transforming Colleen Hoover Novel Into A Motion Picture Event (Deadline)

Young female moviegoers per studio marketing suits make their decisions at the last minute, and they head to cinemas in packs when there’s an event for them to see. It Ends With Us pulled in the under 35 demo at 68% with women snapping up tickets at 84%. Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak also shows that 60% of those who watched It Ends With Us bought their tickets same-day.

Plus, all you ever wanted to know about the movie's totally appropriate Barbie-esque marketing push! And some extremely normal spin on the Blake/Justin tension:

Apparently, Baldoni and Lively didn’t see eye-to-eye during postproduction, with the former not participating in the press junket, skipping cast photos at the NYC premiere, and Lively not following him on social. All of this just takes the movie’s promo machine to a meta level, for just like their on-screen personas, Lively and Baldoni have their own friction.

Is this really just about different cuts of a movie, or???

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

23 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Perché non hanno ancora annunciato il sequel? 

Ricordo che la Summit annunciò che avrebbero girato New Moon il giorno dopo l'uscita di Twilight.

Who has the rights to the second novel? Baldoni like the first? He and Lively hate each other now.

And I also believe that Baldoni does not want to share the set with Lively again.
Big problems!

1 hour ago, Lory88 said:

Who has the rights to the second novel? Baldoni like the first? He and Lively hate each other now.

And I also believe that Baldoni does not want to share the set with Lively again.
Big problems!

Sony has the rights, not the director.

The thing between the two actors definitely is a problem but i mean we know stories about actors hating on each other and they made entire seasons of TV series together. 

There is nothing a good paycheck can't risolve 😅

Edited by vale9001