rockNrollaDIM

Movie Blogger Discussion Thread

I'm on full Wells isolation mode until I see TDKR because I am 100% sure he will spoil the ending in the title of a blog post or post some still above the cut that spoils something huge. It's Well's nature, he can't resist being the spoil troll.

Me too, actually. But this is just about aspect ratios and ROSEMARY'S BABY. :)

DavidPoland

Apparent wi-fi outage at ComicCon #andwellswept

7/14/12 11:28 AM

Love the hash-tag. :rofl:

:rofl:

Awesome. That story is priceless.

I'm on full Wells isolation mode until I see TDKR because I am 100% sure he will spoil the ending in the title of a blog post or post some still above the cut that spoils something huge. It's Well's nature, he can't resist being the spoil troll.

Same here. What a cock.

Apocalypse: Nikki

Nikki is so easily offended when anyone but her team gets a story that she overreacts with a personal attack. Her behavior reminds me of the scene in Apocalypse Now when Captain Willard is receiving his orders from his superiors and they describe Colonel Kurtz by saying “his ideas, methods, have become unsound.”

:rofl: Edited by Telemachos

Confirmed: ‘Hero Complex’ Blogger Geoff Boucher Leaving LA Times: “No Maybe About It”

‘Hero Complex’ is a great blog, Boucher is an expert in all things comics, and I truly envy his extensive knowledge about Marvel and DC Comics and such. Boucher came to the LAT in 1991 and, after years covering crime and local politics, he switched to the Hollywood beat covering film and music and then became the paper’s go-to geek. Boucher’s exit follows Editor Davan Maharaj’s arrival and then a new entertainment editorial team announced June 20th. Again allow me to repeat myself: it’s like moving deck chairs on the Titanic given that the newspaper has become lazy and irrelevant and its showbiz ads have fallen 25% every year as studio and theater chains abandon the publication. Seriously, no Boucher & no Goldstein = no showbiz readers.

:rofl:

WHAT?!Pomp really is the kiss of death huh. 90% of Argo reviews are raves.. is he crazy?

He liked Argo a good bit but his opinion is "just because a film is good doesn't mean people should go Oscar crazy over it."He compares the film to Ocean's 11.

Sasha Stone starts feud with Bret Easton Ellis.. for once I fully support the Crone :lol:

Bret Easton Ellis@BretEastonEllis

The P.T. Anderson who made Boogie Nights and Magnolia "matured" a long time ago, which is fine, but not when you end up with The Master...

P.T. Anderson's "The Master" is the kind of movie that Paul Kinsey or Ken Cosgrove from "Mad Men" would have made if given the chance...

The Master: Yeah, whatever: I haven't made the great movies P.T. Anderson has, but you don't need to be a chef to know if a meal tastes bad.

Skip Teel@Pointedfinger

@BretEastonEllis Not everyone has a taste for foie gras. You shouldn't have to explain it.

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

.@Pointedfinger maybe not but @BretEastonEllis would do better to shut the fuck up half the time to salvage what's left of his rep.

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

RT @davidparnassus: @AwardsDaily I don't get Ellis' 'Mad-Men' reference in regards to 'The Master'.//he's calling it pretentious and empty.

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

.@davidparnassus and believe me, few can relate to the word pretentious like @BretEastonEllis can.

Edited by Silver Linings aDIM

P.T. Anderson's "The Master" is the kind of movie that Paul Kinsey or Ken Cosgrove from "Mad Men" would have made if given the chance...

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

RT @davidparnassus: @AwardsDaily I don't get Ellis' 'Mad-Men' reference in regards to 'The Master'.//he's calling it pretentious and empty.I d

I don't get the reference either. Kinsey makes sense. But IIRC everyone was surprised by how good of a writer Ken actually was...... Anyway, more to the point, Ellis is a tool who's just hunting for attention these days.

I don't get the reference either. Kinsey makes sense. But IIRC everyone was surprised by how good of a writer Ken actually was...... Anyway, more to the point, Ellis is a tool who's just hunting for attention these days.

Exactly. I can't stand BEE. Firstly, he's awful to follow on Twitter, extremely opinionated and snobby- and usually completely off the mark. Second, he's obsessed with 50 Shades of Grey, which if not bad enough, he also spent months baiting that fanbase into thinking he was actually locked as the screenwriter (LOL). And then the cardinal sin came when he slandered Darling Nikki and got desparate hanger ons like Jeff Sneider and Dave Poland to support him.So, I hope Stone and Wells starts a jihad against him.It's a shame the writer of American Psycho is such a douche.

"Listen up, Hollywood: Beautiful actresses are not funny. They don’t know how to do comedy ... Only women who grew up ugly and stayed ugly, or through plastic surgery became beautiful, can pull off sitcoms or standups ... Because it’s all about emotional pain and humiliation and rising above both by making people laugh with you instead of at you. So stop casting beautiful actresses when you should be giving ugly women a chance." — Nikki Finke

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/emmys-primetime-2012-winners-list-awards-nokia-theatre-la-live/

http://www.vulture.com/2012/09/nikki-finke-has-some-thoughts-on-women-in-comedy.html

In reference to Life of Pi screenings...

@AwardsDaily: Premature Oscar talk makes me have to write premature Oscar talk and I hate doing that.

She is always complaining about things like this and it baffles my mind. News flash Crone, you run a website called AWARDS DAILY. You perpetuate the early Oscar talk. All year!