kayumanggi

2024 Box Office Predictions and Discussion

September-December looks damn good tentpole wise tbh compared to last year. I really don't think a catch-up is out of the question.

I expect some people who enjoy being cynical contrarians will reply with "akshually some of them could disappoint" but I don't care. Would rather hope for the best and maybe be disappointed later than expect the worst and still be disappointed later.

• Like 2

Inside Out 2 amazing run saved June.

June's box office should be around 965m.  A few million under June 2022.  YTD box office will be around 3.55B for the first 6 months.

July has DP4, DPW and Twisters.  Inside Out adds 150m, Day One 100m plus 250m from DP4, 150m Twisters and 300m from DPW.  June holdovers and other July releases add 150m.  1.1 Billion July.

Last August reached 812m with Barbie, Oppenheimer adding 350m to the month. Lat's say 800m for August.

The highest grossing September was 2017 698m and only 5 Septembers grossed 600m.  Let's say 600m for September.

The highest grossing October was 2017 830m. Only, 4 Octobers grossed over 700m. Let's say 700m for October.

The highest grossing November was 2012 1.090b and only 4 Novembers grossed over 1b.  Let's say 1b for November.

The highest grossing December was 2017 1.3b. 7 Decembers grossed over 1b. Let's say 1b for December.

That would get the year to 8.8b if each month from September on are some of the highest grossing months of all time.

Based on the Deadline weekend estimate we should be back ahead of the rolling 2022/2023 comp now, and Despicable Me will help add to that next week.

Might lose some ground again because of the Barbenheimer bump later, but things look a lot better for this year from Deadpool on.

10 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Inside Out 2 amazing run saved June.

June's box office should be around 965m.  A few million under June 2022.  YTD box office will be around 3.55B for the first 6 months.

July has DP4, DPW and Twisters.  Inside Out adds 150m

Inside Out 2 is reaching 600 million domestically in 2-3 weeks from now.