XXR vs XXR

Sound of Freedom || Discussion of The Movie And Its Producers Should be HERE and HERE ONLY || The Report Button Is Your Friend || Keep It Civil

12 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

Curious, are people who believe in aliens or big foot morally dubious? I don't understand what's wrong with believing in adrenochrome?

Because once you decided that your enemies are kidnapping children to harvest their blood, it justifies you doing whatever you want to them.

Pizzagate was literally that conspiracy theory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/technology/fact-check-this-pizzeria-is-not-a-child-trafficking-site.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/04/d-c-police-respond-to-report-of-a-man-with-a-gun-at-comet-ping-pong-restaurant/

Police said 28-year-old Edgar Maddison Welch, of Salisbury, N.C., walked in the front door of Comet Ping Pong and pointed a firearm in the direction of a restaurant employee. The employee was able to flee and notify police. Police said Welch proceeded to discharge the rifle inside the restaurant; they think that all other occupants had fled when Welch began shooting.

The restaurant’s owner and employees were threatened on social media in the days before the election after fake news stories circulated claiming that then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and her campaign chief were running a child sex ring from the restaurant’s backrooms. Even Michael Flynn, a retired general whom President-elect Donald Trump has tapped to advise him on national security, shared stories about another anti-Clinton conspiracy theory involving pedophilia. None of them were true. But the fake stories and threats persisted, some even aimed at children of Comet Ping Pong employees and patrons. The restaurant’s owner was forced to contact the FBI, local police, Facebook and other social-media platforms in an effort to remove the articles.

It is also related to groups like Veterans on Patrol committing acts of harassment and violence at the border.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2022/08/08/how-antigovernment-extremists-and-qanon-took-over-southern-border

https://soundslikehate.org/season-three/the-unwelcome/

EDIT: There are more benign conspiracy theories to be sure. This is not one of them. And the fact that it's related to a real problem is one of the issues. But ignoring the effects of it is not the way to go.

Edited by MightGuy
  • Like 14

5 minutes ago, MightGuy said:

Because once you decided that your enemies are kidnapping children to harvest their blood, it justifies you doing whatever you want to them.

EDIT: There are more benign conspiracy theories to be sure. This is not one of them. And the fact that it's related to a real problem is one of the issues. But ignoring the effects of it is not the way to go.

Not to mention more time talking about these things that aren’t true, means less time talking about what is true and/or informing people how to watch out for signs of trafficking. 

The people that are SO concerned about trafficking could do more to make people aware of the issues instead of spreading lies and conspiracies. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

Curious, are people who believe in aliens or big foot morally dubious? I don't understand what's wrong with believing in adrenochrome?

aside from being not true, I mean morally wrong. Like isn't their moral stance a terrible thing shouldn't happen to kids?

Not in itself but if it demonizes a vast group of political leaders, high profile people, institutions, or even their supporters in a way that incites violence and encourages some more mentally instable people to take the matters in their own hands like what happened to Nancy Pelosi's husband, then it's playing with fire and should be backed up with clear evidence.

Bigfoot believers aren't demonizing or calling any non-believers as inherently evil cover ups. Alien cover up seems to have more and more evidence and whistle-blowers coming up and I can imagine some of the believers be angry and even violent in the future if they or their loved ones have been mistreated in the cover up. Yet, it's not inherently flirting with an idea how evil the people covering it up are.

I can also imagine how all other cover ups will get more steam if they can point that "hey, the government lied about UFOs. What makes you think that they wouldn't cover up in this case too!".

I wouldn't be surprised that there is a grain of truth what Jim, QAnon, & co. imply. There is systematic child trafficing and maybe some cases in the world even those more inhuman harvesting operations, but to suggest it's a systematic thing happening everywhere and how media, government institutions, and world leaders are doing it and onboard of it, that's a whole other thing.

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

The people that are SO concerned about trafficking could do more to make people aware of the issues instead of spreading lies and conspiracies. 

From their viewpoint, I would imagine most conspiracy theorist believe they are making people aware of the issues and spreading the truth. I can't imagine many are firing off these thoughts without believe them.

• Like 1

I don't know, I kind of feel like the qanon people have such active imaginations, that they could absolutely make an interesting movie. There is a guy I used to follow that tweeted about the tunnels under the Getty Museum, and he tweeted some wild stuff. I would like to see it in a movie form. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

From their viewpoint, I would imagine most conspiracy theorist believe they are making people aware of the issues and spreading the truth. I can't imagine many are firing off these thoughts without believe them.

Sorry, I meant more like making people aware of signs and things to be aware of regarding trafficking.  That kind of awareness, not just that trafficking exists. 

• Like 3

If I’m being cold-blooded about it, “awareness” by itself or being worried helps no one. 
I don’t mean to be hostile but finding something scary that is real after seeing it in a movie doesn’t mean much. 

Due respect, people whose child is harmed by someone close to them probably thought they had control. 
Go do a good thing for an actual kid. 

The systemic problem is that some people will trust this guy about the nutty stuff because he is concerned about something that 99.99% of people find reprehensible. It’s snake oil. He promotes the idea that people of my ilk - - liberals, people in government, the media - are hiding something. 
That makes no sense. That’s Pizzagate shit. 
That means Hollywood guy is the expert talking about adrenochrome and some people trust actual experts less. 
To be clear, you would get better results on stopping child trafficking if you gave cops, teachers, social workers, juvenile officers and school counselors more money. You’d get better staff with more experience. That’s a real solution for the safety of children. Not “awareness.”
I don’t think that interests Jim Caveziel. I think he wants to make speeches. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Niceguy said:

I don't know, I kind of feel like the qanon people have such active imaginations, that they could absolutely make an interesting movie. There is a guy I used to follow that tweeted about the tunnels under the Getty Museum, and he tweeted some wild stuff. I would like to see it in a movie form. 

Yeah, and that said, if this movie revolves just around the child trafficking subject without these wilder theories, and if it's well made and the story is good, it can have an overall positive awareness raising factor as RebelScum pointed in his first post. Regardless what the intentions of the people behind it are.

I think that would be a more constructive perspective for the mainstream media too. Ultimately people only see the film and some see the discussion around it, and if the mainstream media wants to raise the QAnon issues, it's their choice to give  a platform for it instead of the issues IN the movie.

• Like 2

People who for real work with actual kids are usually underpaid. The work is really hard and to see an famous actor wrap himself in a heroic role to put forward his vile views honestly pisses me off. 
And if I disagree with him? I’m with Lucifer?*

That is nuts. 

* - he suggests that, not posters here

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

There is a version of this film that's fine.

But with Caviezel in the lead and how he has tied his conspiratorial views to the film's promotion, with no pushback from the film's producers, we've trended away from that ideal. And that's before we even talk about some of the issues surrounding Ballard.

Edited by MightGuy
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, MightGuy said:

Pizzagate was literally that conspiracy theory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/technology/fact-check-this-pizzeria-is-not-a-child-trafficking-site.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/04/d-c-police-respond-to-report-of-a-man-with-a-gun-at-comet-ping-pong-restaurant/

It is also related to groups like Veterans on Patrol committing acts of harassment and violence at the border.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2022/08/08/how-antigovernment-extremists-and-qanon-took-over-southern-border

https://soundslikehate.org/season-three/the-unwelcome/

The Q followers are crazy dumb people. They will believe anything and lack critical thinking skills.  This why they distrust the  education system.  They believe fake stuff instead of focusing on the real problems.   Pizzagate proves that these people don’t care about children. They just want to believe crazy things about people or groups of people who they don’t like.  They share with each and believe each other instead of people who are knowledgeable.  They are making the problem worst by spreading all of their fake shit. 

Jim Caveziel Doesn’t give two shits about children.  He just a saying shit and the Q people believe him and willing to give him money.  He is  

only interest in money not children. 

Edited by Kvikk Lunsj
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

If I’m being cold-blooded about it, “awareness” by itself or being worried helps no one. 
I don’t mean to be hostile but finding something scary that is real after seeing it in a movie doesn’t mean much. 

Due respect, people whose child is harmed by someone close to them probably thought they had control. 
Go do a good thing for an actual kid. 

The systemic problem is that some people will trust this guy about the nutty stuff because he is concerned about something that 99.99% of people find reprehensible. It’s snake oil. He promotes the idea that people of my ilk - - liberals, people in government, the media - are hiding something. 
That makes no sense. That’s Pizzagate shit. 
That means Hollywood guy is the expert talking about adrenochrome and some people trust actual experts less. 
To be clear, you would get better results on stopping child trafficking if you gave cops, teachers, social workers, juvenile officers and school counselors more money. You’d get better staff with more experience. That’s a real solution for the safety of children. Not “awareness.”
I don’t think that interests Jim Caveziel. I think he wants to make speeches. 

I agree a lot what you say. My take is that awareness is needed but almost always there's too little of next steps that actually make the difference.

Hollywood and celebrity world is full of awareness raising virtue signaling. The trouble is that usually solving these challenges are not simple, take a lot of time, effort, building bridges between people and organizations, and trying to manage it all while accepting that the things that we try might not work as hoped and then you need to try something else. It's much easier to raise awareness, but to transfer that to something concrete that makes a real difference. That's something else.

Though, what else isn't easy, is making a good movie. I guess the Sound of Freedom has had a reception from okay to very good as a movie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MightGuy said:

There is a version of this film that's fine.

But with Caviezel in the lead and how he has tied his conspiratorial views to the film's promotion, with no pushback from the film's producers, we've trended away from that ideal. And that's before we even talk about some of the issues surrounding Ballard.

That’s an interesting point. We do the exercise of how a movie would do with a different lead all the time. 
I don’t know if Caveziel was brought into movie more as actor or whether he was part of production earlier. 

11 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Isn't this the known rapist who tried to get Gunn cancelled lol

Disney was so stupid for firing Gunn in the first place. 

Also I have a question, what is seen as conspiracy? ( i know that child harvesting stuff Alex jones talks about is fake lol) 

However, isnt Epstein supplying kids to rich and famous people now true? 

Like pedophile millionaire/billionare rings were seen as a conspiracy 10 years ago but i thought that ended up being true? 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Disney was so stupid for firing Gunn in the first place. 

Also I have a question, what is seen as conspiracy? ( i know that child harvesting stuff Alex jones talks about is fake lol) 

However, isnt Epstein supplying kids to rich and famous people now true? 

Like pedophile millionaire/billionare rings were seen as a conspiracy 10 years ago but i thought that ended up being true? 

I think it's long been known that the rich (including people in Hollywood!) have taken advantage of underage people for sexual favors. It's been shown in movies forever! People have only recently (IDK the last 10-ish years) started to care enough to "cancel" people. Which the people making this movie are apparently against so idk 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I think it's long been known that the rich (including people in Hollywood!) have taken advantage of underage people for sexual favors. It's been shown in movies forever! People have only recently (IDK the last 10-ish years) started to care enough to "cancel" people. Which the people making this movie are apparently against so idk 

I think it was known but the rich and powerful were able to label it as "tin foil hat" stuff until evidence became widely available in the digital age.

Logically makes sense.

Rich and powerful people have the ability to shield themselves from the law and public over doing degenerate and illegal stuff. 

• Like 1