Jump to content

XXR & Friends

Sound of Freedom || Discussion of The Movie And Its Producers Should be HERE and HERE ONLY || The Report Button Is Your Friend || Keep It Civil

Recommended Posts





I appreciate this being opened up. It's impossible to talk about something that is getting political and polarizing coverage when not allowed to mention that. That will actually make something more polarizing as the coverage and assertion is allowed to be made but the discussion and rebuttal is disallowed.

I would just like to say to start, child trafficking is REAL and it happens more than other crimes we take very seriously like gun violence. Any association of this movie to conspiracy theories is directly meant to make people think trafficking is an overblown conspiracy theory.

I have seen the movie, there is nothing of the more conspiratorial nature in it, it is based on a true story, this type of sting did happen, real children were recovered. No other movie has the expectation to be so accurate and not dramitize anything. The response to this movie is pathetic.

No govt involvement, Epstien figure, or organ and blood harvesting happen in this movie. But so what if it was. Movies are fictious and we embellish our fears in them. Epstein was selling kids to nobody and the fear of harvesting something from victims is not new to fiction (garmonboza from Twin Peaks, vampires, children's fear in Monsters Inc)

Child abuse rightfully is traumatic and a big fear of many people, creators and audience have a right to work out and mine those fears in fiction just like anything else.
 

  • Like 9
  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

I appreciate this being opened up. It's impossible to talk about something that is getting political and polarizing coverage when not allowed to mention that. That will actually make something more polarizing as the coverage and assertion is allowed to be made but the discussion and rebuttal is disallowed.

I would just like to say to start, child trafficking is REAL and it happens more than other crimes we take very seriously like gun violence. Any association of this movie to conspiracy theories is directly meant to make people think trafficking is an overblown conspiracy theory.

I have seen the movie, there is nothing of the more conspiratorial nature in it, it is based on a true story, this type of sting did happen, real children were recovered. No other movie has the expectation to be so accurate and not dramitize anything. The response to this movie is pathetic.

No govt involvement, Epstien figure, or organ and blood harvesting happen in this movie. But so what if it was. Movies are fictious and we embellish our fears in them. Epstein was selling kids to nobody and the fear of harvesting something from victims is not new to fiction (garmonboza from Twin Peaks, vampires, children's fear in Monsters Inc)

Child abuse rightfully is traumatic and a big fear of many people, creators and audience have a right to work out and mine those fears in fiction just like anything else.
 

 

I don't think anyone thinks child trafficking isn't real nor an enormous problem. I think the only contention around this film is that the people who are responsible for it are wildly conspiratorial and are using a very real problem to layer their conspiracies on it via promotion. The actual film not having these conspiracies is moot to the point people are bringing up. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Community Manager
1 minute ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

 

I don't think anyone thinks child trafficking isn't real nor an enormous problem. I think the only contention around this film is that the people who are responsible for it are wildly conspiratorial and are using a very real problem to layer their conspiracies on it via promotion. The actual film not having these conspiracies is moot to the point people are bringing up. 

 

 

It's pretty obvious that even if there's a lot of question about the authenticity of the movie's events, if it had come from a politically neutral cast/crew then the focus would be on the issue the movie is raising and not on the politics of the cast/crew. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never even heard of it until Deadline's article saying that it had 7 million in pre sales a couple weeks ago. I also, didn't know Caviezel was deep in the QANON rabbit hole.  This movie and it's star are so far outside of shit I follow or keep up with that I'm definitely not the target audience.

 

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and saw this movie yesterday afternoon. It was okay. It's kinda like a dark Lifetime movie with a bigger budget.  It's slow paced, dialogue is cliché, and I don't care if a movie is slow if I invested in the story but I really wasn't.  I got the message sex trafficking is happening spread the word.  The subject is important I just wish it was in a better movie. 

 

Edited by JimmyB
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Jim Caveziel clearly and loudly states his point of view. Which is ok and he needs no permission from me. 
He also declares those who disagree with him evil. 
That’s fairly rare in the question of whether you should separate art from artist discussion. 
In working with many abused kids, delinquent kids and crossover kids, we never ever deal with adrenochrome and harvesting. That’s the softie liberal social workers and the hardline cops and everything in between. People with those views try to monetize it with “talks” and “trainings.” This became more necessary for them because gay predators and video games weren’t effective scares any more. 
I challenge anyone who thinks this movie helps to watch it if you want and then actually help. 
Volunteer at a school, unhoused shelter, church, govt. agency. Donate money or goods. All of these places are notoriously short staffed. 
 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

 

I don't think anyone thinks child trafficking isn't real nor an enormous problem. I think the only contention around this film is that the people who are responsible for it are wildly conspiratorial and are using a very real problem to layer their conspiracies on it via promotion. The actual film not having these conspiracies is moot to the point people are bringing up. 

 

I'm too old to fall for plausible deniability from the media. You don't put Qanon and child trafficking together in every headline without the motivation to obfuscate the one with the other. Especially when a few of those articles are bold enough to claim there are bigger problems to pay attention, better ways to help trafficked kids than searching for and arresting the traffickers, or have pundits on TV call child trafficking a moral panic.

This is a very old issue that the media has a long history going back to at least the 70s of downplaying, ignorning, and labelling the very charged "moral panic".

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I just love the fact that Sound of Freedom is an independent film that rocks the box office while no one had it on the radar prior to its release.

It already is a great box office story and it will be interesting to watch where this will go from here on.

 

I personally don't care what the involved actors believe in or not. 

I want to see the movie because I think the topic is real and a huge problem these days.

Child trafficking brings so much pain to thousands and thousands of families, this is unimaginable.

To bring it on the radar of as many people as possible is most important.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



7 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Jim Caveziel clearly and loudly states his point of view. Which is ok and he needs no permission from me. 
He also declares those who disagree with him evil. 
That’s fairly rare in the question of whether you should separate art from artist discussion. 
In working with many abused kids, delinquent kids and crossover kids, we never ever deal with adrenochrome and harvesting. That’s the softie liberal social workers and the hardline cops and everything in between. People with those views try to monetize it with “talks” and “trainings.” This became more necessary for them because gay predators and video games weren’t effective scares any more. 
I challenge anyone who thinks this movie helps to watch it if you want and then actually help. 
Volunteer at a school, unhoused shelter, church, govt. agency. Donate money or goods. All of these places are notoriously short staffed. 
 

The fact that it even needs to be said that you don't "deal with adrenochrome harvesting" considering we know scientifically this substance doesn't actually do anything is hilarious

 

Doubly hilarious when you consider even if it did do something there are about a trillion easier ways to acquire it than kidnapping kids

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another interesting move Angel Studios does with Sound of Freedom is the Pay it Forward option for fans of the film.

That's a great opportunity for independent studios to push their movie.

Obviously, the audience has to be very passionate about it to spend money on tickets for other people who can't afford the film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



I’m 53 years old. The media has been filling me with fear of crazy perverts and scary tattooed guys abducting children that entire time. 
Those tihings are undeniably bad. But actual numbers - - arrests, convictions - - reveal that kids are overwhelmingly more likely to be hurt by a family member or someone with a prior relationship. 
People who refuse to acknowledge that are “worrying about kids” instead of addressing actual systemic issues.

Jim Caveziel’s career is very connected to his beliefs. The idea that he is some great helper of children has no actual evidence. 

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites





57 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Human trafficking is real and horrible, but man are the people behind this weirdos:

 

 

 

You showed the tip of the ice berg (though I don't know if Jack Posobiec is personally involved in the movie?) and unfortunately I went to see some of the Jim Caviezel's commentary (interview with Steve Bannon of all people...) and yeah, it's the nuts QAnon BS as before. It's sad and depressing. I took liking of him on The Thin Red Line and Person of Interest series (pretty timely know) but man, he really went to the deep end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



As I said elsewhere:

 

I mean, searching #SoundofFreedom on Twitter and selecting Top, not Latest, brought gems like this.


Screenshot-20230704-095042-2.png

A quick look at the video shows the star of the film talking about the adrenochrome conspiracy and how this movie will shine a light on that truth.

 

Now, you can ignore that and just focus on the movie, but yeah, the star is *openly* promoting the conspiracy theories in tandem with the film.

 

To add on:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2023/07/07/sound-of-freedom-qanon-theories-jim-caviezel/

Quote

And the film’s star, Caviezel, has openly embraced the extreme movement, suggesting at media events that a shadowy international cabal is kidnapping children to consume their organs.

 

Quote

 

That’s partially because Ballard and the actor who plays him, Caviezel, have both expressed support for some of the QAnon’s movement’s wildest claims.

 

Ballard once entertained a viral theory that claimed the online furniture retailer Wayfair was selling children, sometimes packing them into overpriced storage cabinets. “Law enforcement’s going to flush that out and we’ll get our answers sooner than later,” he said in a July 2020 Twitter video. “But I want to tell you this: children are sold that way.” There is no evidence to support the theory, which has inspired threats against employees and impeded actual child trafficking investigations.

 

 

 

Quote

 

He has focused on one QAnon belief in particular while promoting “Sound of Freedom”: the idea that child traffickers drain children’s blood to harvest a life-giving substance called adrenochrome.

Speaking at a QAnon-affiliated conference in Oklahoma in 2021, the actor said Ballard wanted to join him but “he’s down there saving children as we speak, because they’re pulling kids out of the darkest recesses of hell right now, in … all kinds of places, uh, the adrenochroming of children.”

The moderator asked him to elaborate. “If a child knows he’s going to die, his body will secrete this adrenaline,” Caviezel said, his voice catching. “These people that do it, there’ll be no mercy for them. This is one of the best films I’ve ever done in my life. The film is on Academy Award level.”

 

The star is actively using the film to promote those beliefs, which are without harm and not within a vacuum.

Edited by MightGuy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, Mr Terrific said:

I’m 53 years old. The media has been filling me with fear of crazy perverts and scary tattooed guys abducting children that entire time. 
Those tihings are undeniably bad. But actual numbers - - arrests, convictions - - reveal that kids are overwhelmingly more likely to be hurt by a family member or someone with a prior relationship. 
People who refuse to acknowledge that are “worrying about kids” instead of addressing actual systemic issues.

Jim Caveziel’s career is very connected to his beliefs. The idea that he is some great helper of children has no actual evidence. 

 

Do you understand why people are more scared of stranger abductions? They are the most dangerous form of abduction, and they are just simply chaotic and something outside people's ability to control. I have some sense of ability to control who I have relationships with and who has a relationship with my children.

but this is also conflating a few different crimes. All related and I don't think you are off topic, but abductions, abuse, and child trafficking are different crimes. It is true that most children will be harmed by a family member in abuse cases, but 99% of family abudctions are returned without harm.

as for the media they also dubbed the "moral panic", called Jimmy Saville accusers conspiracy theorists, and let freaking Alex Jones be the one to break the story on both Epstein and Harvey Weinstien. Speaking of Epstein, the media went wild promoting the "false memory" theory which discredited many abuse victims, and "shockingly" the "expert" psychologist who developed the false memory theory was an expert witness for Ghislane Maxwell.

 

I'll never understand why an establishment that accepts rapce culture and 25% of women being sexually assaulted who were advocates of me too, suddenly are hard liners when child victims come up. The accusation and their truth is never enough. The demand is always hard evidence before the investigation. Meanwhile fake college rape stories can be promoted by Rolling Stone.

The media just does not have a good track record on this. Though I am curious what actual systemic issues?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Curious, are people who believe in aliens or big foot morally dubious? I don't understand what's wrong with believing in adrenochrome?

 

aside from being not true, I mean morally wrong. Like isn't their moral stance a terrible thing shouldn't happen to kids?

Edited by rebelscum86
Link to comment
Share on other sites



25 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

 

You showed the tip of the ice berg (though I don't know if Jack Posobiec is personally involved in the movie?) 

I assumed he is cause he's promoting the movie like he's financing it or something, if he isn't then change my statement to "it's being promoted by absolute weirdos".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.