Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

12 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Twisters is a reeeeally walkup heavy comp to throw at Wicked imo, maybe It Ends With Us would work better? Otherwise I agree with the other comps, maybe Furiosa also for Gladiator?

Gladiator comping with Furiosa is what makes nervous.

3 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Twisters is a reeeeally walkup heavy comp to throw at Wicked imo, maybe It Ends With Us would work better? Otherwise I agree with the other comps, maybe Furiosa also for Gladiator?

I didn't track IEWU unfortunately. Furiosa was a short window (at least in Canada) at 15 days. 

I might throw Bad Boys RoD at Gladiator. 21 days. It might help for initial day sales.

For those that have Barbenheimmer data, that'll be a big help. I don't have it, at least for my current radius.

I'm tempted to use Joker 2 for Wicked. As much as the film is a disaster, the preview tracking was steady. And when it opened, I think the expectations of being a musical (with a pop star lead) might be enough to work with.

Terrifier 3 California presale update.  

Thursday Oct 10 showings only.  
74 theaters (not nearly exhaustive and new theaters keep popping up but I’m sticking with these 74 theaters).  
185 showings (+1) since T-8.  

T-22 was 1,743 tickets sold.  23.554 tickets per theater or 10.3136 tickets per showing.  

T-17 is 2,352 tickets sold (+34.94%).  31.7838 tickets per theater or 13.917 tickets per showing.   

T-14 is 2,714 tickets sold (+15.39%).  36.676 tickets per theater or 15.598 tickets per showing.  

T-8 is 3,636 tickets sold (+33.97%).  49.14 tickets per theater or 19.76 tickets per showing. 

T-5 (11:20pm EST) is 4,974 tickets sold (+36.80%).  67.22 tickets per theater or 26.89 tickets per showing.

Nice growth!!

• Like 2