filmlover

Origin | Q4 2023 | Neon | directed by Ava DuVernay

1 hour ago, Eric McCall said:

Had no idea Ava had a new movie until just now. Loving what I see from the teaser trailer, and I can already see this has an amazing concept just from reading the Wikipedia synopsis of the book this is based on.

That book does sound incredible. Will try to give it a read before the film comes out. Fingers crossed for the reviews tomorrow.

https://deadline.com/2023/12/poor-things-best-fall-limited-opening-indie-film-box-office-1235660414/

Origin from Neon took $117k on just two screens for a $58.5 PSA, a stellar debut for the film by Ava DuVernay in qualifying runs. “This is an incredible result for Origin, bringing in the 4th highest PSA of 2023, but it’s an especially meaningful achievement given that this is only a one week qualifying release.  We look forward to the film’s true theatrical run in January.,” said Neon distribution president Elissa Federoff. It opens Jan. 19.

Didn't see this get attention. Very happy about this though, as I feel like this movie has been flying under the radar.

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol my friend's gf's dad is friends with Ava Duverney and now my friend and his gf are forcing my friend group to watch this.

You will be happy they did. Fantastic film.

Edited by PrinceRico