Bob Train

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S | $146.9M OS | $283.1M WW

17 hours ago, Asyulus said:

What’s your OS prediction?

I dont have one as OS is not about 1 market. its across the globe and different territories have different behavior. That said there is enough data for few countries that there is excitement for this product. We have seen good data in Mex/Bra and even in down under. UK OD is fairly good for mid week release. So its definitely not finishing anywhere in the ballpark of the number you have put above. 

May be @charlie Jatinder might be able to project. 

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont have one as OS is not about 1 market. its across the globe and different territories have different behavior. That said there is enough data for few countries that there is excitement for this product. We have seen good data in Mex/Bra and even in down under. UK OD is fairly good for mid week release. So its definitely not finishing anywhere in the ballpark of the number you have put above. 

May be @charlie Jatinder might be able to project. 

Same. I didnt even knew the film existed 1 month ago, haven’t really bothered about it in Os.

Germany I think Mark was saying $4M doable, based on that, may be $27-28M Europe, take $10M+ Asia-Pacific and $20M LATAM may be. Just spitballing here

• Like 6

#1 in Germany with better than expected 325k admissions.

Edit: Mark_G was more optimistic than the forum members of insidekino.de and predicted 315k and 1M total admissions.

I'm surprised 🙂.

Edited by el sid

Welp this is quite exciting! I don't think any of the first six games were translated into other languages, so its quite impressive that this extremely American franchise has this much reach, and I'm pretty sure animatronic restaurants are only a thing in America right? I guess international youtubers played a role in spreading FNAF worldwide--excited to see what the final BO is.

On another note hopefully it makes $130-150M overseas?

• Like 1

Freddy’s is marking the biggest original horror opening of 2023 overseas, and the second biggest horror opening of the year just behind The Nun II. 

It’s also the top offshore horror opening of all time in Chile, Peru and Uruguay. On Friday, Freddy and friends picked up $13.3M, including Mexico ($2.1M), UK & Ireland ($1.5M), Australia ($900K), Brazil ($800K), Germany ($800K), Poland ($800K) and Saudi Arabia ($600K).

For Blumhouse, the Emma Tammi-directed pic had the best opening day ever in an estimated 16 markets: Germany, Brazil, Australia, Argentina, Netherlands, New Zealand, Bolivia, Chile, Central America, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Finland, Sweden and Norway —  and a very close No. 2 in Mexico (-4% vs Halloween)

The video game adaptation also scored the biggest horror opening day of the year in an estimated 15 markets: Mexico, Germany, Australia, Argentina, Netherlands, Ukraine, New Zealand, Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Finland, Sweden and Norway. It was No. 2 for 2023 in Brazil, Singapore, German-speaking Switzerland, Central America and Colombia

Edited by Issac Newton

21 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Freddy’s is marking the biggest original horror opening of 2023 overseas, and the second biggest horror opening of the year just behind The Nun II. 

It’s also the top offshore horror opening of all time in Chile, Peru and Uruguay. On Friday, Freddy and friends picked up $13.3M, including Mexico ($2.1M), UK & Ireland ($1.5M), Australia ($900K), Brazil ($800K), Germany ($800K), Poland ($800K) and Saudi Arabia ($600K).

For Blumhouse, the Emma Tammi-directed pic had the best opening day ever in an estimated 16 markets: Germany, Brazil, Australia, Argentina, Netherlands, New Zealand, Bolivia, Chile, Central America, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Finland, Sweden and Norway —  and a very close No. 2 in Mexico (-4% vs Halloween)

The video game adaptation also scored the biggest horror opening day of the year in an estimated 15 markets: Mexico, Germany, Australia, Argentina, Netherlands, Ukraine, New Zealand, Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Finland, Sweden and Norway. It was No. 2 for 2023 in Brazil, Singapore, German-speaking Switzerland, Central America and Colombia

Got dimmed off. Just corrected