kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer 2 on page 7

12 hours ago, WebSurfer said:

Maybe they’ll retcon it?

The non-island stuff was probably my biggest "gripe" with the film. It was far more stylized and seemed to really want to be massively futuristic in comparison to the rest of the story. So having Roz traversing that world would be jarring in a second film.

There are ways they could do the broad beats of Wild Robot Escapes without necessarily needing to retcon anything. 

Spoiler

Roz is still stuck in the human world and could still end up shipped off to a farm somewhere later. Could still have that dramatic tension there with Brightbill not knowing where she went or how to find her.

I do hope they bring Chitchat into this franchise at some point though. She's a pretty significant character in the books and has a cute relationship with Brightbill.

• Like 1

Round 2 viewing tonight in Dolby, trying to get in my PLF viewings before it gets taken off the screens on Thursday. Less families today and more young adults this time which makes sense I did see it at 8:45 so pretty much bedtime for the kids. Still lots of laughter and much more covert eye wiping next to me. 

Still just as heartwarming as the first time. I can't wait for this to be available for me to purchase for myself, it'll be a perfect cozy up on the couch with a warm drink type of winter movie. For the 2 weeks maximum we get of cold weather down here. 

Enjoyed this, very emotionally moving at times (the migration scene and the ending made me well up), beautifully animated, but I don't think people are doing it any favors comparing it to the Iron Giant and prime Pixar. It ain't that.