SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

Beyoncé’s 2023 RENAISSANCE World Tour played 56 dates, earned over $579m in ticket sales and was seen by more than 2.7m fans.

Produced by Parkwood Entertainment and promoted by Live Nation, the tour wrapped Sunday at Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium after visiting 39 cities in 10 countries. It began with 238k people attending five sold-out nights at London’s Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the first time any artist had played five shows at the 63,000-seater.

Special guests included Kendrick Lamar, Megan Thee Stallion and Beyoncé and Jay-Z's daughter Blue Ivy Carter; Diana Ross sang “Happy Birthday” to Bey in L.A.

As with previous tours, Beyoncé made her mark with BeyGOOD, which supports organizations that serve marginalized and underserved communities with access to scholarships, opportunities for internships that lead to job placement and resources to support entrepreneurship.

BeyGOOD boosted 1,000 small businesses in various cities with a commitment totaling $1m. The first $100k was awarded to 10 small businesses in London. BeyGOOD also earmarked $1m for scholarships in 10 urban centers.

RENAISSANCE TOUR: THE NUMBERS : HITS Daily Double

#1 biggest feamle artist tour ever (until Taylor release her numbers..lol)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Beyonce Day 2 of sales is at 55.9% of Taylor Swift Day 2 of sales. Not home, so I can’t check my sheets to make sure I have the right days comped

Curious, in raw numbers...what do you predict the first weekend will be for bey's film? 

15 minutes ago, Taylor89 said:

Do you think Dec release was a mistake?

I don’t think release dates matter too much. Yes, certain time frames can help legs but for the most part, a film is going to make what it’s going to make no matter when it comes out.

• Like 1

Comparing tour gross to concert film box office isn't easy, but I'll give it a go. 

The Ren world tour grossed nearly 600m. Numbers for Eras so-far aren't available, but informed estimates have it ending with roughly 1.5b. So, when all is said and done, Bey's tour will gross about 40% of what Taylor's will.

Another factor here is the number of shows. Ren had 56, or 38.4% of Eras 146 shows. It's interesting, in terms of per-show grosses, they should be about identical. 

Now, this doesn't mean Beyonce could have simply doubled/tripled her shows and had the same demand for her pricy tickets on a larger scale, so we can't assume if they release in the same number of theaters they would haver the same demand there.

I actually think somewhere between 35-40% of Eras is a good scale to look at it from. If Eras opens to 125-150m (to be rather conservative at this point) I can see Ren opening anywhere between 45m - 60m, with the potential to open as high as 75m if everything aligns just right. At roughly $25 atp that would "only" be 3m tickets. 

Edited by harry713

18 hours ago, BOfficeStats said:

‘Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé’ Estimated First-Day Presales Around $6M-$7M – Box Office

https://deadline.com/2023/10/beyonce-renaissance-concert-film-presales-box-office-1235562887/

Queen!!!

I cannot wait to watch this, a REAL entertainer, a REAL musical legend, a REAL singer.

Glad I got to be a part of the generation that grew up with Beyonce.

1 hour ago, harry713 said:

Comparing tour gross to concert film box office isn't easy, but I'll give it a go. 

The Ren world tour grossed nearly 600m. Numbers for Eras so-far aren't available, but informed estimates have it ending with roughly 1.5b. So, when all is said and done, Bey's tour will gross about 40% of what Taylor's will.

Another factor here is the number of shows. Ren had 56, or 38.4% of Eras 146 shows. It's interesting, in terms of per-show grosses, they should be about identical. 

Now, this doesn't mean Beyonce could have simply doubled/tripled her shows and had the same demand for her pricy tickets on a larger scale, so we can't assume if they release in the same number of theaters they would haver the same demand there.

I actually think somewhere between 35-40% of Eras is a good scale to look at it from. If Eras opens to 125-150m (to be rather conservative at this point) I can see Ren opening anywhere between 45m - 60m, with the potential to open as high as 75m if everything aligns just right. At roughly $25 atp that would "only" be 3m tickets. 

While not as easy to prognosticate, you would have to look more at concert demand than actual ticket sales to gauge the theatrical release because unlike with concerts, there won’t be a restricted supply on availability.

We will see how things play out but I don’t see a way for Renaissance to make 35-40% of Eras even with higher prices. Maybe 25%.