SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

I read somewhere that the movie crashed the AMC website because of the demand for tickets.

Interesting times to say the least.

Edit: OK, it actually says it's putting folks on a queue which is normal.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 1:15 PM, XXR's Eras Tour said:

In an effort not to do fandom wars type stuff, I won't get into a back and forth over box office potentiality since we will see the numbers bear out soon enough but if this even sells half as many tickets as TET I'd be pretty surprised. Online presence or not, one can just look into their sales/streaming numbers over the last year to see the massive disparity in their popularity. Beyonce has moved just over 6 million units worldwide in the last 12 months.

Taylor has moved 44 million

Hasn't Taylor Swift released new and re-released multiple versions of her work recently?

I was listening to podcast and The Vulture and it was something they mentioned that some artists do these days. It's not just her, a lot of popular musicians especially the K-Pop guys.

I'm old and out of the loop but that likely accounts for her massive sales in the calendar year.

4 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Hasn't Taylor Swift released new and re-released multiple versions of her work recently?

I was listening to podcast and The Vulture and it was something they mentioned that some artists do these days. It's not just her, a lot of popular musicians especially the K-Pop guys.

I'm old and out of the loop but that likely accounts for her massive sales in the calendar year.

she's releasing rerecordings of her previous albums to have ownership of them. it was a risky move and thankfully it turned out to be a successful one. she would still have the most sales in a year if you only include her studio albums (no rerecordings) from 2019 to now 

I'm confused.

Everything I've read says that Beyonce's tour will sell more tickets than Taylor Swifts.

https://www.thethings.com/beyonce-versus-taylor-tours/

https://www.today.com/popculture/music/beyonce-taylor-swift-renaissance-eras-tour-earnings-rcna118276

Again, I'm old and don't really follow this stuff closely (until I peaked in this thread) and i stand to be corrected. I don't think Beyonce's film will be as big as Taylor's but she's not lagging far behind in concert sales.

17 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

I'm confused.

Everything I've read says that Beyonce's tour will sell more tickets than Taylor Swifts.

https://www.today.com/popculture/music/beyonce-taylor-swift-renaissance-eras-tour-earnings-rcna118276

Again, I'm old and don't really follow this stuff closely (until I peaked in this thread) and i stand to be corrected. I don't think Beyonce's film will be as big as Taylor's but she's not lagging far behind in concert sales.

There’s a lot of inaccuracy surrounding the tours in online spaces. As best we can tell, Beyoncé has finished the Renaissance Tour (the final scheduled show was last night). She may announce additional shows for 2024 but so far that’s just online speculation. Her total gross/ticket sales = ~$600M / 2.75M, from 56 shows.

The Eras Tour has so far completed 57 shows and she has another 89 scheduled over the rest of this year and through November 2024. We don’t yet know how much the first 57 shows made, but by my calculations the total for the 146 shows will be in the $1.4-1.6B range and around 8.8M tickets sold.

EDIT: If we’re just talking about DOM (US/Canada) totals, it’s about $440M / 1.7M tickets / 35 shows for Renaissance vs $900M / 4.2M tickets / 68 shows for Eras.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

I'm confused.

these are only estimations. taylor is gatekeeping her numbers but the tour is set to gross +1.6b once it's done.

there's no denying renaissance film will be a moment but i don't think it will be accessible for everyone like eras tour film is. 

3 hours ago, joselowe said:

I think Beyoncé might do at least $50 million during the entire run. Nowhere near Taylor gross!

I think she'll surpass that in the opening weekend given the ATP and the insane demand for the concerts, not to mention showings are confined to extended-weekends only which will condense grosses and inflate those days. 

A 50m total gross would only be about 2m in sales...

Edited by harry713
  • Like 1

Copy pasting from elsewhere but December 1 is kinda fucking packed now with Silent Night, The Bikeriders, Renaissance looking to do like $50m+, and Godzilla Minus One which I think could do kinda decently in the US. 

Somethings gotta move right? 

4 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Copy pasting from elsewhere but December 1 is kinda fucking packed now with Silent Night, The Bikeriders, Renaissance looking to do like $50m+, and Godzilla Minus One which I think could do kinda decently in the US. 

Somethings gotta move right? 

Also Angel Studios next movie, the Shift.

It's weird, usually, studios release nothing on that date. Because the Holiday season has a greater benefit on legs if released in Mid-December, not early December. So perhaps some movies get delayed to Mid-December. 

Edited by Bob Train

50m first weekend would be huge success. but it's too early to tell.

also I don't think those type of film will have strong walk up, but very very presale heavy.

especially for Beyonc,e as her brand has been less about safe, universal, for everyone.

and she sure won't do much promotion. lol

afterall anything over 38M (overall) would be big win.

because streaming services usually pay 20m ish to top music acts for their tour film/docu.

so getting 20m from ticket sales, related merch sales, digital/physical sales or put it on streaming service for extra millions is win.

31 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

Looking at all the data in the tracking thread, I’d estimate Renaissance first day presales at ~$6M through AMC and $8-9M combined with Regal and Cinemark. 

Opening of 40-50m sounds about right 

12 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Also Angel Studios next movie, the Shift.

It's weird, usually, studios release nothing on that date. Because the Holiday season has a greater benefit on legs if released in Mid-December, not early December. So perhaps some movies get delayed to Mid-December. 

It's probably because of it usually being dead that those movies picked this weekend. A movie like Godzilla Minus One probably got scheduled around the gap in the IMAX schedule for example.