SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

4 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Beyoncé's ticket sales could easily surprise everyone imo.

In an effort not to do fandom wars type stuff, I won't get into a back and forth over box office potentiality since we will see the numbers bear out soon enough but if this even sells half as many tickets as TET I'd be pretty surprised. Online presence or not, one can just look into their sales/streaming numbers over the last year to see the massive disparity in their popularity. Beyonce has moved just over 6 million units worldwide in the last 12 months.

Taylor has moved 44 million

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

I would like for people to just enjoy this for what it is but I know comparisons to TET will be inevitable and Beyhive isn't gonna like what they see if they compare the box office. 

Isn’t that what you’re doing? The first post too. 

Anyway hopefully it does well. It seems like a dead weekend. 

I think this will do really well. The Renaissance Tour did $300M of business in NA compared to The Eras Tour’s $600M+, so it won’t get that high obviously. But, doing half of a $150M+ opener is still some serious business, and this will have an even higher ATP. Reserving judgment until I see actual sales but for now I’m feeling around a $65-95M DOM OW 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cap said:

Good. Now do more. More concert films. Broadway Pro Shots. Season Premieres and Finales. WrestleMania. Live Sporting Events.  

if the studios are in a send everything to streaming, then reclaim the movie theater as a communal gathering place. 

I was thinking the same, I hope this kicks off a trend

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Feanor said:

Beyoncé's core demographic isn't as active online as Swift's tho, which gives the latter a lot of online hype.

Beyoncé's ticket sales could easily surprise everyone imo.

Some of her dates took a long to sell out so no she won't even have half of taylor's demand.

Of course this won't be as big as Swift. But I wouldn't underestimate it. Renaissance World Tour is the second highest grossing tour of all time behind Eras. It is absolutely massive in its own right. This is still obviously a very smart move. 

(And I think it will honestly be a much stronger product. The concert itself was just stunning).

Edited by Starphanluke
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 1:41 PM, Cap said:

Good. Now do more. More concert films. Broadway Pro Shots. Season Premieres and Finales. WrestleMania. Live Sporting Events.

This is how I found out that this doesn't happen in the US.

It's been a thing in Mexico for decades I'd say in some cases. It wides from Live Opera from the MET to Champions League, Super Bowl, the World Series and World Cup matches. Even WWE PPVs as well when its popularity was massive on the early 2010s.

If I remember correctly a chain also hosted some shows for Game of Thrones' finale and Doctor Who's opening episodes of newer seasons. 

It kinda works but mostly for sports and big events like Super Bowl or playoffs for Champions League and World Cup.

• Like 1

RENAISSANCE: A FILM BY BEYONCÉ (beyoncefilm.com)

RENAISSANCE: A FILM BY BEYONCÉ accentuates the journey of RENAISSANCE WORLD TOUR, from its inception to the opening show in Stockholm, Sweden, to the grand finale in Kansas City, Missouri. It is about Beyoncé's intention, hard work, involvement in every aspect of the production, her creative mind and purpose to create her legacy, and master her craft.  Received with extraordinary acclaim by International and US media alike, Beyoncé's outstanding performance during RENAISSANCE WORLD TOUR created a sanctuary for freedom, acceptance, and shared joy. Its maximalist production welcomed more than 2.7 million fans from around the world, who travelled across oceans to enjoy Club RENAISSANCE. Now, millions of moviegoers will get caught up in the Joy Parade, the monumental dance party that celebrates everyone's right to be themselves, close to home.

The theatrical concert experience will descend upon thousands of movie theaters, with RENAISSANCE set to officially open in the United States, Canada, and Mexico beginning Friday, December 1, 2023.  Additional global cities will be announced at a later date. 

The experience will air Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, for a minimum of four weeks, with multiple showtimes programmed throughout the day. Tickets in the US for all standard showtimes will start at $22 plus tax; RENAISSANCE will also be available in IMAX at AMC and Dolby Cinema at AMC, and other branded premium large format screens.

Beginning today, AMC moviegoers may purchase tickets for all US AMC locations at amctheatres.com and Fandango.com. Fans can also find tickets at Cinemark, Regal, Cinepolis and Cineplex who will also exhibit the piece. Tickets will also be available at numerous movie theatre circuits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico beginning later this week.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/renaissance-a-film-by-beyonce-will-take-over-movie-theaters-worldwide-this-december-301944159.html

Edited by imbruglia