SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

On 12/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, Jake4 said:

True. What is your final prediction?

Late response but I'm going with $22M OW.  

For my total prediction, I think it will end at $40M. Compared to The Eras Tour, the older audience and December season will boost legs but the low admissions for opening weekend (likely ~1 million) combined with higher competition for screens will largely cancel that out.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Renaissance falls out of the top 5 by its 3rd weekend then basically ends its run by Christmas day.

Edited by BOfficeStats

Domestic (Thursday to Sunday)
Week 1 : 21,801,216    
Week 2 : 6,725,213‬ (-69.1%) / 28,526,429    

#6 on Contemporary Musical Concert genre.
it will pass "One Direction: This Is Us" (28.87M) next week.

International (Thursday to Sunday) 
Week 1 : 6.4M
Week 2 : 7.6M? 

boxofficemojo has it at 7.6M now.
not sure if it's official total for second week as it didn't have 6.4m on week 1.

global total : 36,126,429

afterall +40M on global boxoffice. it is good.

Edited by imbruglia
  • Like 3

The movie did good at the box office and will end up around the 40 million range WW, but it's crazy to see how Taylor Swift is more around the 250+ million range WW.  I guess timing is everything as Taylor Swift has been more popular in the last few years.  But still the Renaissance tour did well too in terms of concert tickets sold so maybe it's the way they promoted/hyped both movies?

Edited by wboxoffice
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wboxoffice said:

But still the Renaissance tour did well too in terms of concert tickets sold so maybe it's the way they promoted/hyped both movies?

Nothing to do with that. Just demand levels. When there's nigh-unlimited supply (like movie tickets), it's easier to see the levels VS a limited supply like concert tickets. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wboxoffice said:

The movie did good at the box office and will end up around the 40 million range WW, but it's crazy to see how Taylor Swift is more around the 250+ million range WW.  I guess timing is everything as Taylor Swift has been more popular in the last few years.  But still the Renaissance tour did well too in terms of concert tickets sold so maybe it's the way they promoted/hyped both movies?

Beyoncé tour made around $500 million off around 50 dates while Taylor grossed close to a billion off the same amount of dates. 

15 minutes ago, joselowe said:

Beyoncé tour made around $500 million off around 50 dates while Taylor grossed close to a billion off the same amount of dates. 

So that's only around double, while the movie did like 6 times more.  Big difference.

Edited by wboxoffice
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wboxoffice said:

So that's only around double, while the movie did like 6 times more.  Big difference.

Again, you can't comp a limited supply vs an unlimited supply. Here's an example...

Lets say "Item A" has 100 units available and all of them get sold and "Item B" has 100 units available and all of them get sold, but 1000 people wanted Item A and only 200 people wanted Item B. Based on sales, it might look like they're equal but that's because the limited supply was within the demand range for both items. 

Now let's say the supply number is 10,000 units for both. Supply outstrips demand so now you'll see just how many people actually want the product. 

This is the difference between the concert tours and the films. 

• Like 5

On 12/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, XXR Delayed Until 2025 said:

Again, you can't comp a limited supply vs an unlimited supply. Here's an example...

Lets say "Item A" has 100 units available and all of them get sold and "Item B" has 100 units available and all of them get sold, but 1000 people wanted Item A and only 200 people wanted Item B. Based on sales, it might look like they're equal but that's because the limited supply was within the demand range for both items. 

Now let's say the supply number is 10,000 units for both. Supply outstrips demand so now you'll see just how many people actually want the product. 

This is the difference between the concert tours and the films. 

Well said. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2023 at 3:21 PM, Taylor said:

Curious to see the ticket prices—she charged more for the live shows than Taylor, maybe she will for this too.

Would expect it to do something like $20-30m OW and $40-50m total, domestic.

Well, if my domestic prediction was for worldwide I nailed it lol