XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

12 hours ago, Hades said:

Hope Xmen 97 gets more than 3 seasons..

Given X Men 97 is the best Marvel SHow on Disney Plus in quite a while.\ I agree, though it's hard to maintain quality after the first couple of seasons.

So I'm rewatching the og X-Men trilogy and I'm kinda surprised that how much it shares with what the X-Men comics and very soon the MCU is going to do with Storm and Jean Grey

Also watching the last stand post covid is FUCKING WILD

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

So I'm rewatching the og X-Men trilogy and I'm kinda surprised that how much it shares with what the X-Men comics and very soon the MCU is going to do with Storm and Jean Grey

Also watching the last stand post covid is FUCKING WILD

Still think the drop in quality in the Third film hurt the trilogy over all.

I had forgotten how modest a budget the first film had, though. Bu to give him credit, the director got every dime worth of production value he could out of a limited budget.

Edited by dudalb

I love the homemade Spidey costume half in the visual. Very faithful to the Spidey origin story in 1962. One of the things I liked most about the Ramia film is he included the amateur costume bit in his film

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

marvel: “we’re slowing down with projects!”

*announced Young Avengers movie with flop characters 

And going for less expensive projects. That X Men 97 has been so damn lucrative for them with a modest budget shows the way they will go.

And slowing down the projects is a no brainer. No doubt the GA has simply gotten tired of bascailly non stop Marvel stuff. I really think they got burned out on having only three or four weeks break between the Marvel TV shows.

Edited by dudalb

11 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Has it been? Have they said anything about it? 

Other than announcing the size of the premiere audience, they have not. By the few outside indicators available, it appears to have done well for an animated show, but I don't think it ever appeared in the Nielsen top 10 so we know it did not deliver numbers close to what the live action Marvel shows typically get. I'm sure Disney and Marvel are happy with the sterling critical and audience reactions, but "lucrative" is such a specific word and one rarely used in the discussion of streaming shows since it's a business model where the financial contributions of any one show are often obscured. There also have been no signs that I'm aware of at least to suggest X-Men 97 has been any kind of big merch juggernaut that might otherwise suggest the property is particularly lucrative.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

And going for less expensive projects. That X Men 97 has been so damn lucrative for them with a modest budget shows the way they will go.

And slowing down the projects is a no brainer. No doubt the GA has simply gotten tired of bascailly non stop Marvel stuff. I really think they got burned out on having only three or four weeks break between the Marvel TV shows.

X-Men 97 is pretty successful for a animation. However, animation doesn't need so many people to be succesful as live action, because animation is cheaper.

The issue is Disney+ as a streaming service likely needs to attract a bigger number of people, so they couldn't really depend on new animated (relatively) cheaper shows. At the end, Disney+ will need to be successful with the live actions.

Edited by Kon

6 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Other than announcing the size of the premiere audience, they have not. By the few outside indicators available, it appears to have done well for an animated show, but I don't think it ever appeared in the Nielsen top 10 so we know it did not deliver numbers close to what the live action Marvel shows typically get. I'm sure Disney and Marvel are happy with the sterling critical and audience reactions, but "lucrative" is such a specific word and one rarely used in the discussion of streaming shows since it's a business model where the financial contributions of any one show are often obscured. There also have been no signs that I'm aware of at least to suggest X-Men 97 has been any kind of big merch juggernaut that might otherwise suggest the property is particularly lucrative.

Point is it is just as lucrative as the much more expensive live action Disney Plus Marvel series.

Disney, in case you have nor noticied, is trying to cut costs big time. Seems to be more animated series and less live action series is a good way to do that.

5 hours ago, Kon said:

X-Men 97 is pretty successful for a animation. However, animation doesn't need so many people to be succesful as live action, because animation is cheaper.

The issue is Disney+ as a streaming service likely needs to attract a bigger number of people, so they couldn't really depend on new animated (relatively) cheaper shows. At the end, Disney+ will need to be successful with the live actions.

And the dilemna is that Disney will have to spend a lot less for the live action shows.  No debate Disney has spent way too much on them; that is a major reason Disney Plus is having problems.