XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

15 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Give me Young Avengers: Children’s Crusade and Midnight Suns.

Ali as Blade.

Isaac as Moon Knight.

Bernal as Werewolf.

Donnelly as Elsa Bloodstone.

Calamawy as Scarlet Scarab.

Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

Gosling as Ghost Rider.

Do it, you cowards.

The February one is dr strange 3. The November one... Could be X-Men. They  have a writer set for it.

17 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Give me Young Avengers: Children’s Crusade and Midnight Suns.

Ali as Blade.

Isaac as Moon Knight.

Bernal as Werewolf.

Donnelly as Elsa Bloodstone.

Calamawy as Scarlet Scarab.

Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

Gosling as Ghost Rider.

Do it, you cowards.

Guessing Feige really was serious about the 3/2 a year mandate.

Seems like they’re really speed running to get to the end of Secret Wars for a soft reboot because unless SM4 is a July spot which isn’t out of the question as they remove a July when Sony wants it and Blade isn’t 2026, there’s only one movie in the middle of two Avengers. Armor Wars, SC2, Spidey 4, Young Avengers and Strange 3 were all supposed to be post A5, pre SW. However, seems plans changed. Can’t see Armor Wars or Young Avengers being movies with Iger’s plans changing as they seem very risk-averse.

Going to guess if Blade is 2025, and SM4 is July 26:

November 26: Strange 3/Shang-Chi 2

July 27: Shang-Chi 2/Strange 3

November 27: X-Men as the new reboot kickoff.

Edited by YM!

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Seems like they’re really speed running to get to the end of Secret Wars for a soft reboot because unless SM4 is a July spot which isn’t out of the question as they remove a July when Sony wants it and Blade isn’t 2026, there’s only one movie in the middle of two Avengers. Armor Wars, SC2, Spidey 4, Young Avengers and Strange 3 were all supposed to be post A5, pre SW. However, seems plans changed. Can’t see Armor Wars or Young Avengers being movies with Iger’s plans changing as they seem very risk-averse.

X-Men 97 was a test to see if marvel was to speed up dev time or not. Audiences cleary said yes.

1 minute ago, YM! said:

I have a feeling - not a strong one, mind you - that they are trying to deliver Blade next year with the November date. With a cheap budget and with Rated R superhero films performing like Deadpool and Wolverine just did I think it might happen. The approach they might be adopting is letting the work in that film speak for itself, how is the Jurassic Park reboot filming going? Is Ali still set to star on that? 

Armor Wars was never a theatrical release, but a Disney+ one. I can see a Blade film leading to a Midnight Suns film instead of a Doctor Strange one, it could go either way though.

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I have a feeling - not a strong one, mind you - that they are trying to deliver Blade next year with the November date. With a cheap budget and with Rated R superhero films performing like Deadpool and Wolverine just did I think it might happen. The approach they might be adopting is letting the work in that film speak for itself, how is the Jurassic Park reboot filming going? Is Ali still set to star on that? 

Armor Wars was never a theatrical release, but a Disney+ one. I can see a Blade film leading to a Midnight Suns film instead of a Doctor Strange one, it could go either way though.

Ya Ali still has a role in that. 

19 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The February one is dr strange 3. The November one... Could be X-Men. They  have a writer set for it.

X-men? Really? Is not too early?  I will see a new Xmen era after Secret wars

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

X-men? Really? Is not too early?  I will see a new Xmen era after Secret wars

That's true but you could have a really dope passing of the torch moment in secret wars between one of the fox team ( og or the decades team) and the MCU one

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

X-Men isn’t happening until after Secret Wars.

i am also not convinced that either Young Avengers or Midnight Sons are real.

I think we will see the darkavangers...

12 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I don’t believe that the X-Men happen before Secret Wars, either. Young Avengers and Midnight Suns though I feel differently.

31 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

JW4 is filming now in Bangkok, and Ali is still set to star. Armor Wars got promoted to theatrical last year.

23 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

X-Men very much feels like this is our soft/hard reboot kicker for the new saga. 

Midnight Sons I think will happen either as its own movie or folded into Strange 3 ala Civil War. Young Avengers - at best a TV show because Feige is pocket watching show/movie performance and if they do Children’s Crusade, c’mon when are we getting a Disney movie let alone an MCU movie with a main LGBTQ lead, let alone a romance. Phathos was supporting at best.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, YM! said:

Going to guess if Blade is 2025, and SM4 is July 26:

November 26: Strange 3/Shang-Chi 2

July 27: Shang-Chi 2/Strange 3

November 27: X-Men as the new reboot kickoff.

I think both Disney and Marvel realize that the Multiverse Saga has been a mess and that they're better off getting out of it sooner rather than later. I'm sure the feeling is that they can't be lingering in this saga until 2030. Better to make the most of two avengers movies and pivot to mutants shortly after.

I would guess that Armor Wars is probably DOA. Rhodey is such damaged goods after Secret Invasion. It's the easiest film to just drop. The Young Avengers are mostly D+ characters and it would make the most sense to be a D+ show, but now they're cutting back on the budgets for those shows and Young Avengers would need a big budget. Kind of leaves them in limbo. I'm not sure what they'd have to do to give that one a real shot at success in theaters. Probably add popular adult characters and hope for the best I guess. Spiderman would be a big help as a team member but no way Marvel wastes one of the few appearances they get from that character on this project. My guess is that they get soft launched in Doomsday and Marvel waits to see if they get a positive reaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think they're just also post Secret Wars. They were never announced officially to begin with, though it's clear at least some version of "teen hero team" is part of the plan.

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think some form of Young Avengers might be in the works, given how much they have set up for it,but Midnight Sons is much more iffy.

In terms of Marvel’s 2026 slate, my guess at this point is the following:

-February: Blade (there’s no way it keeps that November date)

-July: Spider-Man 4

November: Either Shang-Chi 2 or Doctor Strange 3

We can probably guess one of the 2026 movies is Shang-Chi 2. The other, I guess could be Armor Wars if that’s still happening?

Im surprised they have other 2027 films so quickly after Secret Wars since that’s supposed to be the end of the current saga and I figured they wanted a break before moving to the next one.

I suppose X-Men could be one of those movies.

39 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think some form of Young Avengers might be in the works, given how much they have set up for it,but Midnight Sons is much more iffy.

The Marvels ending clearly indicated theyre doing some combination of YA and Champions. Whether it's a movie or not isn't clear, but the majority of the setup is with Disney+ characters.

I think X-Men is gonna kick off the post Secret Wars era. Mutants are gonna kick the door in big, the next era is the Mutant Saga, etc.

• Like 1