filmlover

The 81st Annual Golden Globes live feed thread

New year, new network, same old same old at the ceremony itself? On Sunday night, the live televised awards show season will commence with the Golden Globes hosted by Jo Koy on CBS at 8:00 Eastern Time. Expect some sweeps to begin here.

Presenters so far:

Patrick J. Adams

Angela Bassett

Will Ferrell

America Ferrera

Julia Garner

Justin Hartley

Daniel Kaluuya

Simu Liu

George Lopez

Gabriel Macht

Shameik Moore

Florence Pugh

Issa Rae

Amanda Seyfried

Hailee Steinfeld

Oprah Winfrey

Michelle Yeoh

Edited by filmlover

Remaining presenters finalized:

Ben Affleck

Utkarsh Ambudkar

Jonathan Bailey

Elizabeth Banks

Jon Batiste

Kate Beckinsale

Annette Bening

Don Cheadle

Kevin Costner

Matt Damon

Andra Day

Jodie Foster

Mark Hamill

Gabriel Iglesias

Jared Leto

Dua Lipa

Rose McIver

Ray Romano

Hunter Schafer

Naomi Watts

Drama Actor is definitely going to give us a clue who the frontrunner between Cooper and Murphy is. Actress I think is going to Gladstone unless they decide it's time to reward Mulligan since this is her fourth Globe nomination.

Also it's confirmed Taylor will be here tonight so expect whichever table she's sitting at (I assume with Selena Gomez which would put her at the Only Murders table) to have a camera on it at all times lol.

Give me Barbie sweep. Picture, Director, Script, Comedy Actress, Supporting Actor, Just Ken.

Don't remember what other categories Globes have. They aren't tech heavy like the Oscars no?

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Drama Actor is definitely going to give us a clue who the frontrunner between Cooper and Murphy is. Actress I think is going to Gladstone unless they decide it's time to reward Mulligan since this is her fourth Globe nomination.

Giamatti or Wright in Comedy could snatch Drama winner's wig cause both Holdovers and American Fiction are expected to make Best Picture. 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Give me Barbie sweep. Picture, Director, Script, Comedy Actress, Supporting Actor, Just Ken.

Don't remember what other categories Globes have. They aren't tech heavy like the Oscars no?

Nope.

Also, no recipients for the Cecil B. DeMille or Carol Burnett awards this year. Rumors going around that it's because they couldn't find anyone who would accept them.

• Haha 1

Two hours until the ceremony.

NGL it's rather exciting that we'll finally have some sort of idea of who the frontrunners are (as much as the Globes are perceived as a joke, they still kick off plenty of sweeps). Only true upset would occur if anyone besides Da'Vine Joy Randolph wins since she's the only one in her category that seems to have much winning heat to them.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Two hours until the ceremony.

NGL it's rather exciting that we'll finally have some sort of idea of who the frontrunners are (as much as the Globes are perceived as a joke, they still kick off plenty of sweeps). Only true upset would occur if anyone besides Da'Vine Joy Randolph wins since she's the only one in her category that seems to have much winning heat to them.

They are hit and miss. They misfired real bad last year. Drama: Fabelmans. Comedy: Banshees. Director: Spelberg. Supporting Actress: Bassett. Actor Drama:Butler. Actor Comedy: Farrell. 

They only got Yeoh (cause of Comedy split) and Quan right. 

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

They are hit and miss. They misfired real bad last year. Drama: Fabelmans. Comedy: Banshees. Director: Spelberg. Supporting Actress: Bassett. Actor Drama:Butler. Actor Comedy: Farrell. 

They only got Yeoh (cause of Comedy split) and Quan right. 

Still better than what BAFTA ended up scoring last year. :lol: The way SAG destroyed them.

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Still better than what BAFTA ended up scoring last year. :lol: The way SAG destroyed them.

BAFTA shot itself in the foot with BAFTA jury. On one hand, it's nice to have an awards organization that doesn't nominate based on who they think will be nominated for the Oscars. On the other hand, they are not BAFTA so their choices don't refelect voters who then vote for whoever of the picks is most likely to get nominated for the Oscars. In short, jury achieves nothing.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Still bringing the Barbie energy even six months after the movie's release, love to see it.

Margot-Robbie-GG-Arrivals-Gallery-NEW-Ge

I wished Globes gave her and Barbie the wins in Comedy but they'll likely go for highbrow Poor Things and Stone (not that Stone isn't deserving) and give Barbie some shit like Most Popular Movie (I think they have that category now). 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I wished Globes gave her and Barbie the wins in Comedy but they'll likely go for highbrow Poor Things and Stone (not that Stone isn't deserving) and give Barbie some shit like Most Popular Movie (I think they have that category now). 

They do lol.

Aside from the notable appearance of Taylor, it doesn't seem like anyone else is here for the Box Office category movies that aren't up for anything else aside from some of the Guardians 3 cast (Pom Klementieff and Karen Gillan are here).

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They do lol.

Aside from the notable appearance of Taylor, it doesn't seem like anyone else is here for the Box Office category movies that aren't up for anything else aside from some of the Guardians 3 cast (Pom Klementieff and Karen Gillan are here).

lel what if Taylor movie doesn't win? :hahaha: