filmlover

The 81st Annual Golden Globes live feed thread

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Rooting for Emma Stone to win Oscar #2.

Me too. I know Margot was never going to win for Barbie so Emma it is. Both are unique performances, Emma even more so. Enough with historical figures and long suffering wives.

Barbie shutout is actually hilarious. Give it a record number of noms and not a single (important) win (in case it wins the Song). Now that Emma won, no way Poor Things doesn't win Comedy. I hate that practice but it's always funny in a frustrating way.

If anyone but Gladstone wins Drama, Emma will be locked. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Valonqar said:

Barbie shutout is actually hilarious. Give it a record number of noms and not a single (important) win (in case it wins the Song). Now that Emma won, no way Poor Things doesn't win Comedy. 

If anyone but Gladstone wins Drama, Emma will be locked. 

To be fair, 3 of the 9 nominations are for Song and then there's that joke Box Office award so in reality it's only seriously up for 5.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If BCoop does not end up winning the Oscar after this movie he needs to accept he's never winning period lol.

Happy for Murphy!

Cooper is definitely gonna be a “Winner for the wrong movie” Oscar Winner a few years from now, like Leo and Joaquin.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Cooper is definitely gonna be a “Winner for the wrong movie” Oscar Winner a few years from now, like Leo and Joaquin.

I wouldn't call Joker the wrong movie. It's an iconic peerformance. The Revenant however is the poster for makeup/wrong. Leo should have won for WOWS.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, 3 of the 9 nominations are for Song and then there's that joke Box Office award so in reality it's only seriously up for 5.

Good point. Eilish won Barbie's first (unimportant) win.

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I dunno, pretty sure he couldn't have picked a more baity project possible than Maestro (Biopic about a tortured genius! All that makeup!) and he still might lose.

Happy that 3 nominations didn't result in Barbie being cancelled out for a Song win.