RTX

Saturday numbers.

such HORSESHIT! Doesn't have a huge dedicated fanbase? Tolkien has a ridiculous fanbase that probably equals HP's (and definitely outnumbers Twilight or Hunger Games) , they are just not as crazy and vocal as the Harry Potter fanbase. Also, not only is this actually being shot in 3D, but in 48 fps, which should give it an amazing cinematic presentation. This is a movie that people will probably choose to watch in 3D.sub 300M? Please give me what you are smoking.Such BS

It doesn't have a Potter sized fanbase but it is more accessible to general audiences which is why LOTR made the numbers it did along with their quality of course.

I think Hobbit's gonna be one movie for which people won't hesitate to lose extra bucks and I also believe they won't be disappointed.

Jackson will do the 3D right and it will probably be a draw IMO. The Hobbit is the biggest test 3D faces this year. I'd put Prometheus up there too.

This thread was a fun read. Everyone was talking about THG and 400m aspirations and hardly any attention went to the new openers which did really well, especially TLAM.Don't underestimate Kevin Hart, he has a dedicated following and I think his presence was the X factor that spiked TLAM to this level.