RTX

Saturday numbers.

That is such a beautiful (Naya) number for THG. I'm about to cry. I really hope it goes up

THG final numbers always seems to fall from estimates. It seems like a rule now. :lol: Edited by Mojoguy

I mean we all saw what happened to films that were too close to THG. They all suffered. JC and Wrath were completely overshadowed by it and films didn't do well the next week or two after either.

21JS held on very, very well. All the movies that did poorly in THG's shadow were also not that well-received by the audience.

21JS held on very, very well. All the movies that did poorly in THG's shadow were also not that well-received by the audience.

Strong films can do well under those circumstances. Jump Streets run has been overshadowed by THG and may well have done better without it. It's done really well though.

Strong films can do well under those circumstances. Jump Streets run has been overshadowed by THG and may well have done better without it. It's done really well though.

Jump Street's gonna explode on DVD and BD though. Still, cracking theatrical run, shame it didn't launch higher here in the UK with the legs that its had.

Great opening for TLAM and great hold for THG.

If THG crossed $400M that would be the biggest story of 2012 (unless TA beat TDKR)

It already is and I don't see that changing. Even if it only does 385M-odd.

THG is doing 400 million. It is having amazing drops so it will keep a lot of its theaters going into May. TA will hurt it but by the time TA opens, THG will already be in the 375-380 million range and will still have 2000+ theaters.

Considering the genre and the brutal cinemascore, that's a really impressive hold for Cabin in the Woods. Felt like it would drop 60 percent this weekend for sure. Glad to see it didn't.

The great critic reviews helped. Good WOM is also kicking in. B)