kayumanggi

DESPICABLE ME IV

Interesting animated to see and analyze how high the OS numbers we could see for this one.

If we’re counting the Minions movies as well, they made money as well. First one did nearly $825M OS, and “Rise of Gru”, while dropped from it’s predecessor, still made a hefty $570M+ OS overall.

And considering that Illumination is on a roll with their recent movies like the animated video game adaption “The Super Mario Bros Movie” (that made a staggering $787M OS) and to a lesser extent the original “Migration”, DM4 is probably one of the safest contenders to be a blockbuster this year.

DOM-wise, we could see the fourth film do more than the third one, due to how impressive Rise of Gru’s $370M was, and that one was Illumination’s biggest film DOM for nearly year until Mario topped it. Though DM4 might not top Gru numbers, I think above $320-330M+ DOM is a safe choice.

As for OS…..I think it does really great enough if audience don’t want to see superhero movies or so.

So I’ll say….in between DM2 & DM3. But leaning towards the latter, considering it is still a huge franchise…I’ll go with over around $720-750M OS. Maybe it could go higher and even top the third film, if it’s a better and more well-liked film…but I’ll safely stick with $750M at the maximum. A safe $1B+ WW film if it gets there.

3 hours ago, Flip said:

Probably 650-660m. It should drop around 110m in China, and lose 25m from not having Russia, but there should be some small increases elsewhere (LATAM, SE ASIA) that can help to offset it

It will also probably drop over $35 million in Japan too assuming a similar performance to Minions 2 there and no major improvement to ER.

9 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Minions 2 did 560m and I think that is a good anchor for this. DM3 did 28% worse than 1st Minions. I am thinking 430-450m for this movie. 

1st minions was clearly lightning in the bottle . It was always going to drop off quite big overseas.

Think  over or slightly under DM2's 602.7m is the target here. This is clearing minions 2 at the very least IMO.

14 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

1st minions was clearly lightning in the bottle . It was always going to drop off quite big overseas.

Think  over or slightly under DM2's 602.7m is the target here. This is clearing minions 2 at the very least IMO.

I'm not so certain. Minions 2 had a more tangible hook to sell (Gru's backstory) than DM4 and families were starved for a big animated film that summer since Lightyear bombed. But I don't think it will do that much worse than Minions 2 if it does go under.