Shawn Robbins

BOX OFFICE THEORY Re-Launches with New Home Website & Substack Newsletter Dedicated to Exclusive Tracking & Forecasts

• Founder / Operator

forum_logo_new(small).png

Hi Everyone,

I'm back in the game.

Box Office Theory's front-end has relaunched and we're continuing forecasts there and through my new Substack. 

boxofficetheory.com

boxofficetheory.substack.com

This weekend's forecast: https://boxofficetheory.com/weekend-forecast-the-fall-guy-eyes-25-30m-summer-start-star-wars-the-phantom-menace-re-issue-could-surprise-ahead-of-tarot/

We're also up on a few social channels, though those are works-in-progress:

X/Twitter

LinkedIn

Instagram

Facebook

I'll probably be paywalling some things after a brief free/intro period where certain tracking and forecasts will be both on the website and in the Substack newsletter. After that free period (likely a week or two?), some of that information will only be available through Substack.

I know paywalls aren't the most popular thing, but there will be a free tier and I'm aiming to keep the paid tier reasonable. After all, I've got a family to support! :)

For those wondering, the forums aren't impacted negatively by this. In fact, I'm hoping this venture helps further strengthen the ability to continue supporting our hosting needs.

Any future and ongoing support you can provide is hugely appreciated, whether its through a free or paid subscription, and I can't thank you all enough for the support you've already shown in recent times and over these many years.

More to come.

Shawn

• Like 30
  • Heart 3

44 minutes ago, Shawn Robbins said:

forum_logo_new(small).png

Hi Everyone,

I'm back in the game.

Box Office Theory's front-end has relaunched and we're continuing forecasts there and through my new Substack. 

boxofficetheory.com

boxofficetheory.substack.com

This weekend's forecast: https://boxofficetheory.com/weekend-forecast-the-fall-guy-eyes-25-30m-summer-start-star-wars-the-phantom-menace-re-issue-could-surprise-ahead-of-tarot/

We're also up on a few social channels, though those are works-in-progress:

X/Twitter

LinkedIn

Instagram

Facebook

I'll probably be paywalling some things after a brief free/intro period where certain tracking and forecasts will be both on the website and in the Substack newsletter. After that free period (likely a week or two?), some of that information will only be available through Substack.

I know paywalls aren't the most popular thing, but there will be a free tier and I'm aiming to keep the paid tier reasonable. After all, I've got a family to support! :)

For those wondering, the forums aren't impacted negatively by this. In fact, I'm hoping this venture helps further strengthen the ability to continue supporting our hosting needs.

Any future and ongoing support you can provide is hugely appreciated, whether its through a free or paid subscription, and I can't thank you all enough for the support you've already shown in recent times and over these many years.

More to come.

Shawn

Love the new logo

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

• Founder / Operator
2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Love the new logo

Thank you! Shoutout to an associate, Louis, who helped me put it together.

• Like 1

I do really like that logo.

I didn't know there was a front end or even a business to BOT, I thought we were just a subsection of people on the internet way too into numbers and guesswork.

I do remember following you on LI Shawn, am I right in thinking you had a few appearance on Box Office Podcast?

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator
On 5/1/2024 at 2:28 PM, Morieris said:

I do really like that logo.

I didn't know there was a front end or even a business to BOT, I thought we were just a subsection of people on the internet way too into numbers and guesswork.

I do remember following you on LI Shawn, am I right in thinking you had a few appearance on Box Office Podcast?

I was on semi-regularly for a couple of years.

Yeah, BOT had a front-end that @Andy helped get off the ground back in 2015 so we could host the Derby from there. But most of my business aspects were just managed behind-the-scenes and one-on-one with clients, other than publishing the shorter forecasts through BOP.

On 5/1/2024 at 2:35 PM, Cmasterclay said:

Just bought a monthly subscription - love the redesign! 

Thank you, @Cmasterclay!!

On 5/1/2024 at 4:39 PM, ChipDerby said:

I personally think there should be a big old DERBY link at the top of the new webpage.

Who says that can't be part of Phase 2? 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am curious if there's a way to integrate a combined Substack/forum subscription for ad free viewing and such? Not the biggest deal, but that way I can just make one subscription and not have to deal with two separate

Edited by MrPink