YM!

2025 Box Office Predictions and Discussion

What a weird date for Five Nights at Freddy's 2... I don't like that at all. They probably feel like they have nowhere else to put it as next year's schedule is looking like the first truly healthy slate since before covid.

Halloween is completely open and on a Friday next year and the first movie was incredibly front loaded anyway, so I don't see why they're not putting it there. I actually don't think 2025 looks all that impressive right now, aside from a somewhat healthier Q1 lineup and a few Disney IP behemoths. May looks almost as blah as this year

If we got a Spiderverse date that would help

Edited by AniNate

7 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Halloween is completely open and on a Friday next year and the first movie was incredibly front loaded anyway, so I don't see why they're not putting it there. I actually don't think 2025 looks all that impressive right now, aside from a somewhat healthier Q1 lineup and a few Disney IP behemoths. May looks almost as blah as this year

You're right in terms of the "top end talent" next year but it looks the most healthy in years in terms of volume to me, which is a sticking point I have when talking about the health of the industry. People need choices every weekend again (some weekends are going to bare as they always have been, but you know what I mean). That's something people.have complained about when it comes to movies that we're not really talking about - not having many choices. I've especially heard this from older people who do still want to go to the movies but don't feel like they have much to choose from.

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

It doesn’t seem like Spider-Verse is making it to 2025, but maybe Spider-Man 4 can.