Flopped

THE SUBSTANCE | Coralie Fargeat body horror with Demi Moore

17 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Demi Moore should be in consideration for Best Actress, Margaret Qualley for Supporting. Makeup FX should be a given. Rob Bottin would salute the makeup fx of this movie. This is not only the best horror film of the year, this might end up being my favorite film of the year. What a wild unique ride this was. 2024 has been good for adult thrillers and horror films.

Spoilers

A small taste of the body horror here is a scene where,,,

Reveal hidden contents

That's not even close to how far it goes. This film pushes the envelope beyond anything I've ever seen before.

I think the movie should be nominated for sound design too. Probably some of the best I’ve heard in a horror film

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also I cannot believe Jack Antanoff is married to her lol

I saw a tweet asking, how did a dweeb who hangs out with Lena Dunham and makes lame music with Taylor Swift land her, and I couldn't agree more. 

29 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Ho letto un tweet in cui si chiedeva come ha fatto un idiota che esce con Lena Dunham e fa musica scadente con Taylor Swift ad arrivare a lei , e non potrei essere più d'accordo. 

She also dated Shia LaBeouf, maybe being rich and famous is enough?

9 hours ago, Flopped said:

I saw a tweet asking, how did a dweeb who hangs out with Lena Dunham and makes lame music with Taylor Swift land her, and I couldn't agree more. 

I mean he gives awkward nerdy intp/intj fellas like me hope to pull someone like Margaret Qualley tho

SO this is as much a black comedy as a horror movie?

The basic Mcguffin is one that has been used a lot; Something will give you youth, but turns out to have horrible  unexpecred consequences; but than a number of good movies have not had the most original ideas.

As some have noted, "Death Becomes Her" comes to mind?

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

SO this is as much a black comedy as a horror movie?

The basic Mcguffin is one that has been used a lot; Something will give you youth, but turns out to have horrible  unexpecred consequences; but than a number of good movies have not had the most original ideas.

As some have noted, "Death Becomes Her" comes to mind?

Yep, it also features a direct reference to Death Becomes Her. 

Saw this last night and wow I really enjoyed it. Late Night with the Devil and this are the biggest horror surprises for me this year. It was really engaging throughout (I did think it was maybe 10 minutes too long?). Demi Moore was fantastic and a stand out for me. The humor also hits extremely well and the audience was really engaged with the film (gasping at the gruesome scenes and dying with laughter at the funny moments.) Definitely recommend you check this out. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I can’t stop thinking about this a full week later so I’ve upped it from a 4/5 to a 5/5. Whew. 

All Of Us Strangers, Civil War, Challengers, Longlegs and Blink Twice are my other 5/5’s this year. 

Did you see Oddity? I think it's a stronger horror movie than Longlegs (and I liked Longlegs). 

• Thanks 1