kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | May 31-Jun 02, 2024 | actuals | 14.01M GARFIELD | 10.78M FURIOSA | 10.51M IF | 8.97M APES

Well, now that this incredible Summer weekend is over, lets see if June turns this boat around.

Bad Boys needs to do 60M+ to have any shot at matching the last one. Inside Out needs to go over 100M OW. AQP needs to do 37.5M+ to be able to go above 100M total.

Bikeriders and The Watchers doing 10M+ each would be nice. Horizon needs all the Yellowstone crowd to pull 20M+.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Well, now that this incredible Summer weekend is over, lets see if June turns this boat around.

Bad Boys needs to do 60M+ to have any shot at matching the last one. Inside Out needs to go over 100M OW. AQP needs to do 37.5M+ to be able to go above 100M total.

Bikeriders and The Watchers doing 10M+ each would be nice. Horizon needs all the Yellowstone crowd to pull 20M+.

I have Inside Out 2 at 110 million. I’ve done some research and every movie that’s opened over 100m has had over a $20k per theater average.

Bad Boys: Ride or Die should do 50m+ unless it massively misses projections and A Quiet Place I have at 45m, but 55m would be amazing.

everything else I have no projections for tbh

• Like 1

2024 will end below 2023 as we all know, probably in the 7B range, maybe it gets in the 8B. The schedule was just much stronger and movies with a much higher chance of success. 

For June, I'm looking for Bad Boys 4 to go over 50M OW, Inside Out 2 over 100M OW, A Quiet Place Day over 40M OW.

There's other movies but they don't matter and are dead. We don't have Spider-Verse, Transformers, a +60M opening from Indiana Jones or even a strong mid budget movie like No Hard Feelings. Yes, Horizon will do less. That's going to be a fun bomb. Bikeriders was killed the moment Focus Features got it.

And we don't have a strong late May movie like The Little Mermaid going in June. Or even a The Flash bombing which still gives 100M. Guardians 3 still made 42M in June. And even a Boogeyman that will bench The Watchers. The Watchers will have to watch.

Conclusion? We will forever be dependent on big IP.

31 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Another good increase from estimates. Almost made 9M.

it’s the highest grossing 4th weekend of the franchise. Better than Rise’s 8.9m weekend, also the best hold of the franchise as well. I think 170m is in play here. These are really good drops

• Like 4