Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Cameron Diaz got $1m per hour for Shrek 4.Β 
Β 

Always loved that fact lol. Wonder how much they could all demand for 5.Β 
Β 

(Shrek 2 is the only good one)

Heresy

Β 

The 4th is actually pretty good imo. Good thing Diaz was only in it for less than half the runtime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toutvabien said:

$140m opening with key markets still missing is insane. Starting to feel pretty confident about this one aiming for a $1.2 billion or so total worldwide.

Β 

That will be hard to beat even if the stars do align for the remaining big films of the year.

Β 

This is incredible and unexpected but IO2 is on its own vs. 3 movies yet to come that each pack a one-two punch: Deadpool (AND Wolverine), Joker (AND Lady Gaga Harley), Moana (AND the children she has singlehandedly raised via Disney+)

• Like 1

For all the discussion on which will blink in the Moana 2 vs. Wicked Thanksgiving weekend battle I wouldn't be surprised if, after seeing this utterly massive opening, Disney decides to get the head start and move up to the weekend before for both a huge 3-day opening weekendΒ and a big 5-day holiday frame in its second. I doubt anyone will be surprised if Gladiator II ends up being Furiosa 2.0.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Β 

This is incredible and unexpected but IO2 is on its own vs. 3 movies yet to come that each pack a one-two punch: Deadpool (AND Wolverine), Joker (AND Lady Gaga Harley), Moana (AND the children she has singlehandedly raised via Disney+)

Β 

Β 

no one of them will reach 1B imo.Β 

Despicable me 4 could.Β 

right now i'm feeling like wicked could turn into one of the disappoitment of the year, especially OS. The numbers for the trailers are really weak and seems there is no interest right now outside broadway fans.Β 

Β 

Gladiator will be very big, especially OS.

Edited by vale9001

15 minutes ago, Shadow2001 said:

Did anyone saw Gladiator and thought *Boy this movie needed a sequel*

I don't think "this movie needs a sequel" has been a big factor in which sequels hollywood greenlights since...ever really?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I don't think "this movie needs a sequel" has been a big factor in which sequels hollywood greenlights since...ever really?

Β 

Β 

I don't agree. Movies like gone with the wind or E.T or mary poppins didn't get a sequel for a reason. Nowadays we would take a sequel for them after 3 years (actually we got the mary poppins sequel after 50 yearsΒ πŸ˜…).

Β 

You can see how the sequels policy changed from disney itself. No matters The lion king was the biggest movie of all time for disney at the moment...the story was based on that shakespeare play so no sequels (at least only for vhs market or disney channel). Now we got frozen 2,3, 4 in the official "classic series". In this era we would take lion king 2,3,4 and 5 in a span of 15 years 😢

Β 

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

G2 has billy potential if its good.

Yeah, Gladiator 2’s success really depends on if Ridley makes a movie that the GA likes