kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

35 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

I won't lie, that's terrifying.

Try it again though.

30 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Terrifying and depressing. 

Trust me guys I know.

I've gone through cycles where I'm super addicted to my phone, and have to rebuild my concentration. This is probably the worst it's ever been though, since TikTok is definitely the most mind numbing thing I've been addicted to.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Trust me guys I know.

I've gone through cycles where I'm super addicted to my phone, and have to rebuild my concentration. This is probably the worst it's ever been though, since TikTok is definitely the most mind numbing thing I've been addicted to.

What is it about tik tok? And I'm not being snarky here, I'm actually asking. I've never had tik tok so I know nothing, but that app needs to be studied lol 😂.

11 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

hmmm i wonder if IO2 will do enough for Disney to very briefly beat out Universal for the #3 studio YTD before Minions comes out and they have to wait for DP&W. They need about 79mil by Tuesday which is.... a lot to ask 

By the time Deadpool and Wolverine opens, Inside Out 2 is already more than $600 million domestically.

Maybe I'm just a little outside the tiktok generation but I've never understood when people talk about tiktok destroying their attention spans and stuff. I'm not denying it exists but I just don't get how that works.

For me whenever I spend too much time on stuff like tiktok I just get tired of having so much content blasted at me so rapidly that I actually WANT to just get off and go watch something slower and more chill like a movie lol.

I can sympathize with needing to delete unhealthy apps tho haha. I keep getting into the habit of using Reddit to keep up on world news, but Reddit has a way of packaging everything to be misleading, and in a way to make you feel as depressed or angry as possible... So I've deleted it multiple times

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

By the time Deadpool and Wolverine opens, Inside Out 2 is already more than $600 million domestically.

ya but unless DM4 just utterly collapses compared to expectations it'll keep Universal above Disney's Domestic gross until DP&W releases at which point Universal gets passed on OW i imagine. Granted Disney will get past Sony any by then so DP&W OW should get them to 1st place for the year pretty easily. 

That said i'm going by TheNumbers which has Fox counted seperately, otherwise Disney would be in 1st place after this weekend thanks to PotA

Edited by Ledmonkey96
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Maybe I'm just a little outside the tiktok generation but I've never understood when people talk about tiktok destroying their attention spans and stuff. I'm not denying it exists but I just don't get how that works.

For me whenever I spend too much time on stuff like tiktok I just get tired of having so much content blasted at me so rapidly that I actually WANT to just get off and go watch something slower and more chill like a movie lol.

I can sympathize with needing to delete unhealthy apps tho haha. I keep getting into the habit of using Reddit to keep up on world news, but Reddit has a way of packaging everything to be misleading, and in a way to make you feel as depressed or angry as possible... So I've deleted it multiple times

This is why I've gotten rid of all social media. It's all toxic. Twitter was the last thing I held on to because it's brief and to the point but that got unbearable too.

33 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

I was severely addicted to Reddit back when I was 17. I'd wake up: use Reddit. Eat breakfast: use Reddit. In class: use Reddit. In bed: use Reddit.

I wasn't even in the mood to stop, my phone just happened to break. Which made me realize how addicted to it I was since I was experiencing withdrawals, like I could not sleep. But it helped give my brain a break, even watching an episode of a TV show made me feel somewhat accomplished.

I kept that up for a while but I ended up getting addicted to Twitter in 2019, and then went through a similar break up before getting addicted to TikTok recently.

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Like 1

Just now, BoxOfficeZ said:

So happy when box office is doing well.

I think Quiet Place Part 2 could have been huge too if it was released in a more normal year. Early 2021 was still barely recovering

Yeah I remember being really impressed with the $47M number at the time. I wasn't expecting a movie like that to do that well quite yet. As you said, I can only imagine how big that would have been a couple years later, or even the next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

This is why I've gotten rid of all social media. It's all toxic. Twitter was the last thing I held on to because it's brief and to the point but that got unbearable too.

While on the same topic, I also got rid of Twitter not too long ago. I am on some social media apps, but they are nowhere near as toxic, cynical, and just anger-inducing as Twitter. 

Talk about a place where all the time you either see stupid stuff, horrible takes, or engage in pointless or annoying debates with people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I was severely addicted to Reddit back when I was 17. I'd wake up: use Reddit. Eat breakfast: use Reddit. In class: use Reddit. In bed: use Reddit.

I wasn't even in the mood to stop, my phone just happened to break. Which made me realize how addicted to it I was since I was experiencing withdrawals, like I could not sleep. But it helped give my brain a break, even watching an episode of a TV show made me feel somewhat accomplished. I kept that up for a while but I ended up getting addicted to Twitter in 2019, and then went through a similar break up before getting addicted to TikTok recently.

That's how I was with Twitter so I can relate. I'd exit the app and then instinctively pick up my phone and press the app again even though I had no reason to. It was weird.

The bots and just the general feeling of it being so far removed from real life are what put me over the edge to get rid of it.

Edited by Insomnia

2 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

That's how I was with Twitter so I can relate. I'd exit the app and then instinctively pick up my phone and press the app again even though I had no reason to. It was weird.

The bots and just the general feeling of it being so far removed from real life are what put me over the edge to get rid of it.

Yeah. I will say that the Twitter addiction was the weirdest for me in the sense that I began thinking in tweets. Little bite sized thoughts, and I was also thinking in acronyms instead of full sentences.

• Like 1