kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 01-04, 2024] | Thursday | 20.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 7.2M INSIDE OUT II | 4.7M AQP: DAY ONE

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

What 5-day are we looking at for DM4 with a high 20’s OD?

I think it can try 30 based on presales.

Maybe 120-125M. 

DM2 made 143M with 35M WED

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/despicable-me-4-box-office-july-fourth-fireworks-1235938768/

Gru and his mischievous minions are hoping to fulfill their patriotic duty and once again set off major fireworks at the Fourth of July box office.

Illumination and Universal’s Despicable Me 4, opening Wednesday in theaters across the U.S., looks to post an opening day gross of $28 million for a five-day holiday debut of $120 million, including $70 million for the three-day weekend, according to early returns. That’s in line with expectations and a strong start for the fourth outing in the main franchise, and the sixth in the Despicable Me/Minions series, which combined ranks as the top-grossing animated franchise of all time.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

So if that $120M five-day is correct, then Despicable Me 4 would do at least $22M on the Fourth of July holiday aline

I feel like the drop from Wednesday to Thursday will be slightly higher, but opening within the higher end of projections is very solid. Hope it can go higher. 

30 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

When I made a weekend thread for a Wednesday opener before, you locked it and said we should wait for Friday numbers. So which is which? Sometimes I feel the forums don't follow any rules anymore. Like the decisions are made on a whim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

When I made a weekend thread for a Wednesday opener before, you locked it and said we should wait for Friday numbers. So which is which? Sometimes I feel the forums don't follow any rules anymore. Like the decisions are made on a whim.

I don’t remember that, but I apologize for the confusion. But yeah, typically Wednesday openers, at least major ones, do result in the weekend thread coming up early. I apologize again for making things confusing. It was not my intention, but intentions do not equal actions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

I don’t remember that, but I apologize for the confusion. But yeah, typically Wednesday openers, at least major ones, do result in the weekend thread coming up early. I apologize again for making things confusing. It was not my intention, but intentions do not equal actions.

It's okay. I just want to know so that I know what to follow. I'll be posting DM IV numbers on the weekend thread going forward.