AniNate

7/12 weekend thread: Longlegs $22.4m, To the Moon $9.4m

3 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Are any of you guys able to access The Numbers right now? 

I'm just saying that because it's not working for me and keeps giving me Could not connect to database X7.

I don't know if it's just because the website is updating or something else, but let me know if you guys get the same thing. 

Same here

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I’m kind of amazed at that DM4 hold as the movie really isn’t all that.  Doesn’t seem to matter much to this franchise. Storming to $300 million domestic. 

Kids love em. My nieces and nephews just saw DM4 and they enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Animated movies are doing great this year which is nice to see because people thought the pandemic ended them. 

Right now it's only guarantee to get people to the theater. The problem is getting adults without kids to go to anything in large numbers. Apes, BB ROD QP Day One have all done solid numbers but we need more than that. Fingers crossed on Twisters getting the Walkups and obviously DP and W is going to blow up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Right now it's only guarantee to get people to the theater. The problem is getting adults without kids to go to anything in large numbers. Apes, BB ROD QP Day One have all done solid numbers but we need more than that. Fingers crossed on Twisters getting the Walkups and obviously DP and W is going to blow up. 

personally I would say adults without kids have absolutely flocked to IO2.  That has been the mega movie this year for adults, as well as families.  Animation is not just for children, it’s as simple as that. It’s just the medium to tell a story, of which IO2 has one of far more sophistication and intelligence than you’d find in most other mainstream adult aimed fare. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

personally I would say adults without kids have absolutely flocked to IO2.  That has been the mega movie this year for adults, as well as families.  Animation is not just for children, it’s as simple as that. It’s just the medium to tell a story, of which IO2 has one of far more sophistication and intelligence than you’d find in most other mainstream adult aimed fare. 

Oh I am not saying that. Obviously adults without kids are seeing IO 2 for sure. I more meant that movies that are made for adults primarily are not getting them in large numbers right now. But that was even a pre pandemic thing. 2019 was carried by Disney for the most part. Do not want to go down the rabbit hole of course that always ends up going on here except to say that I do agree with some of the posters that we need the adult targeted movies to be doing better more consistently. Quality has a lot to do with it and just overall excitement. Who wants to see mid movies like Fly Me to the Moon or Horizons or Bikeriders in large numbers. 

• Like 2