kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

So that guy overshot it a bit, but it does once again increase from the estimate.

I guess late night business still wasn't that huge so it didn't increase as much as I was hoping it would.

Thanks to Longlegs and Twisters surprise, July is on track to coming comfortably above $1bn, Assuming Deadpool 3 coming in at 175m+, probably even $1.1bn depending how great Twisters can hold and how much higher DP3 can push. Yes, this is gonna the lowest month of July since 2022 but deep dive into the calendar configuration, the July in the past 2 years actually had 5 weekend versus 4 weekend this year, giving the July last two years advantage but in another words, June 2024 was extra bad compared to the last 2 years.  

The great news is that Twisters shouldn't come in below $30M this upcoming weekend thanks to these strong holds. 

As long as the word-of-mouth continues to be good and the film continues to do well in the markets that maybe Deadpool and Wolverine won't excel in, we should be looking at a drop of at least 60% or less. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

So that guy overshot it a bit, but it does once again increase from the estimate.

I guess late night business still wasn't that huge so it didn't increase as much as I was hoping it would.

still an estimate 

6 hours ago, DTP said:

Still crazy that the 2011 re-release made nearly $100m DOM 

Lion King’s 3D-release was indeed big and plus that it made money as well worldwide. And with the most recent re-release this month, it’s WW numbers are now at almost nearly $980M! More re-releases for TLK in the future (with OS markets also) and it could go over $1B+.

7 hours ago, DTP said:

Still crazy that the 2011 re-release made nearly $100m DOM 

Rereleases were a MUCH bigger deal back then. Also D+ lets kids watch the original Lion King on repeat for "free" so why go to theaters?

Edited by Mojoguy

Just now, AniNate said:

All the actuals are going up, think it's safe to say the news yesterday had little impact

Why would yesterday’s news impact someone who wants to Zone out and watch a movie? Anyway a great weekend all around!

3 minutes ago, Wes Mantooth said:

Why would yesterday’s news impact someone who wants to Zone out and watch a movie? Anyway a great weekend all around!

There was some speculation in the tracking thread that it would preempt normal TV programming or something and less movie ads would play reminding people that they're coming out, and some also attributed the depressed Sunday last week to the big breaking political news. Personally I am pretty sure that was more about the sports though.

11 minutes ago, AniNate said:

There was some speculation in the tracking thread that it would preempt normal TV programming or something and less movie ads would play reminding people that they're coming out, and some also attributed the depressed Sunday last week to the big breaking political news. Personally I am pretty sure that was more about the sports though.

Yeah, I think sports is probably the biggest thorn in the side for weekends. Off the top of my head I’m wondering when Mike Tyson actually does fight Jake Paul on Netflix if that will have any impact on the movie going for that weekend. Because that fight is going to draw huge numbers.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Rereleases were a MUCH bigger deal back then. Also D+ lets kids watch the original Lion King on repeat for "free" so why go to theaters?

Yeah I know. I still marvel at that number though because even for that era of popular re-releases it was impressive. 

• Like 1