Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

9 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

omg

At first, I thought it was a joke.

I guess The Multiverse works on mysterious ways.

Edited by Kon

7 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

omg

I saw the leakers post a few days ago, but I thought it was a joke. Just ummm don't know what to think about this. From a financial standpoint I guess it makes sense. It will surely get people who left the MCU to catch back up so I get revealing RDJ right now. Probably will help all the phase 5 MCU films by a lot. Don't really see Avengers 5 or 6 missing $2B anymore. Before this reveal I was sure Avengers 5 was going sub $1.5B

Anyways, i'd rather see RDJ return as Doom and be a villain than watch a nostalgia Iron man resurrection. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Yeah, but this is different. 

He's not playing Iron Man, but freaking Doctor Doom! I would be way more pissed off if this was him playing a character that already got his perfect ending. As someone who considers Avengers: Endgame my favorite MCU film, it would be a huge slap in the face for me.

Thankfully, it isn't.

I mean, they could still use RDJ as Iron Man in Secret Wars. After all, they brought the actor back, so it's easier to make him play his old character.

Edited by Kon

Just now, Kon said:

I mean, they could still use RDJ as Iron Man im Secret Wars. After all, they brought the actor back, so it's easier to make him play his old character.

I guess they can, but we literally won't know if that will be true until Secret Wars comes out in a couple of years. 

I'm just glad that if he was coming back that he wouldn't be playing Iron Man and for now, that seems like the case. Considering this man's range as an actor, I cannot wait to see how he portrays Doctor Doom. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I guess they can, but we literally won't know if that will be true until Secret Wars comes out in a couple of years. 

I'm just glad that if he was coming back that he wouldn't be playing Iron Man and for now, that seems like the case. Considering this man's range as an actor, I cannot wait to see how he portrays Doctor Doom. 

Exactly. On one hand yeah there are other actors they could have cast but just the curiosity factor alone makes this exciting and how they are going to pull it off. He's a great actor and he would have been a great choice even if he had not played Tony Stark all these years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Exactly. On one hand yeah there are other actors they could have cast but just the curiosity factor alone makes this exciting and how they are going to pull it off. He's a great actor and he would have been a great choice even if he had not played Tony Stark all these years. 

100%

Even if you aren't a fan of the casting, it's just godforsaken intriguing. I gotta imagine even people who aren't fans of the MCU are interested by this casting. 

Again, it's so much better than bringing Downey back just to play Iron Man again. Heck, it's so much better confirming a new actor to play Kang.

• Like 1

It’s crazy Disney is going to carry themselves to what looks likely to be a 5b+ box office year, almost entirely off the backs of 4 films, one from each of their major divisions:

IO2 (Pixar) - 1,600m

D&W (Marvel) - 1,400m

Moana 2 (WDAS) - 900m+??
Mufasa (Live Action Remake… err Sequel) - 700m+??

If either of Disney’s winter tentpoles disappoint at all, shoutout to the Apes cute 400m haul for getting them over that 5b threshold by years end. Not bad for the Mouse House considering so few releases on their schedule this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, harry713 said:

It’s crazy Disney is going to carry themselves to what looks likely to be a 5b+ box office year, almost entirely off the backs of 4 films, one from each of their major divisions:

IO2 (Pixar) - 1,600m

D&W (Marvel) - 1,400m

Moana 2 (WDAS) - 900m+??
Mufasa (Live Action Remake… err Sequel) - 700m+??

If either of Disney’s winter tentpoles disappoint at all, shoutout to the Apes cute 400m haul for getting them over that 5b threshold by years end. Not bad for the Mouse House considering so few releases on their schedule this year. 

Moana 2 could be the biggest grosser here 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Is this announcement going to boost Deadpool interest/numbers? or are they isolated events?

Nah I doubt it will impact it in any significant way.

Moana 2 could be Big and no matter what reception will be i doubt it will be wish or strange World Bad it might pass Frozen 1 numbers

20 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

RDJ showed with Oppenheimer that he's willing to play old roles about a rich businessman who's also a weapons dealer with a big ego. 

Oh wait..... 

Hahahahahahah called it..... 

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I think Disney will estimate 209m as that will leave it with some cushion in case SUN is lower than expected, but would still be #6 all time 

I wonder which movie is going to comfortably fit in between the massive $100M void between IW/NWH and Endgame haha