kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

My xds haven't decided yet, they did already commit to a full slate for Alien so I'm guessing they don't have much faith in Borderlands. 

I'm kinda hoping they let Twisters share with Deadpool again, feel like that would probably be a much bigger draw.

Borderlands is getting IMAX and Dolby next weekend from what I can tell, though might share some with Deadpool since it's looking to be a no1curr to begin with. It Ends with Us is doing big presales obviously, but its target demo isn't the type where seeing it in premium formats would make a difference other than more money out of the pocket nor is it the kind of movie that would benefit from being seen in said formats.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Borderlands is getting IMAX and Dolby next weekend from what I can tell, though might share some with Deadpool since it's looking to be a no1curr to begin with. It Ends with Us is doing big presales obviously, but its target demo isn't the type where seeing it in premium formats would make a difference other than more money out of the pocket nor is it the kind of movie that would benefit from being seen in said formats.

I could see Deadpool & Wolverine and It Ends With Us helping each other out and becoming a double feature date endeavor. It’s actually quite clever how they are releasing this film.

It depends on what ends with us' reviews are like I think. Might be a popular book but it doesn't have the kind of pedigree Barbie did that would make it a crossover interest. It still looks like dull chick flick filler personally.

Edited by AniNate

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I could see Deadpool & Wolverine and It Ends With Us helping each other out and becoming a double feature date endeavor. It’s actually quite clever how they are releasing this film.

The strikes certainly made the timing of their releases convenient. :lol: (IEWU was originally going to be a Valentine's Day release but filming being halted resulted in its date being pushed, kudos to them for not being lazy and punting to VD '25 just to keep the gimmicky release date)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

2026 Slate ( at this point) :

Avatar Movie (about animated series)

Street Fighter

Mario 2

Avengers Doomsday

The Mandolarian and Grogu

Toy Story 5

Spielberg Movie

Supergirl

Shrek 5

Moana Live Action

Paw Patrol 3

The Batman 2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Jordan Peele movie

Hunger games : Sunrise of the reaping

Dune 3 (if it's confirmed)

Frozen 3

What is your top 5 anticipated movie for this year.

For me , it's in bold.

If Beyond The Spiderverse exits in 2026 , it remplaces Avengers 5

Doomsday

The Batman 2

Shrek 5

Dune 3

Frozen 3

• Like 1

Street Fighter

Mario 2

Avengers Doomsday

Toy Story 5

Spielberg Movie

Supergirl

Shrek 5

Moana Live Action

Paw Patrol 3

The Batman 2

Jordan Peele movie

Frozen 3

1. Avengers: Doomsday 

2. Untitled MCU film

3. Untitled MCU film
4. The Batman 2

5. Mandalorian and Grogu 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Street Fighter

Mario 2

Avengers Doomsday

Toy Story 5

Spielberg Movie

Supergirl

Shrek 5

Moana Live Action

Paw Patrol 3

The Batman 2

Jordan Peele movie

Frozen 3

For me , it's in bold.

If Beyond The Spiderverse exits in 2026 , it remplaces Avengers 5

Avengers: Doomsday 

I’m also interested on: The Mandalorian and Grogu, Supergirl, The Batman 2 and hopefully my Spider-Man joints.

• Heart 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

I need a release date for the live action Lilo and Stitch and Marvel Rivals.

Maybe at D23? :popcorn:

I’m so conflicted with Marvel Rivals. At same time that seems like something me and my Valorant friends would be all over, I’m afraid of another time sink of a video game. Have you played? Everyone I know that got to loved. 

• Thanks 1

Just got out of Deadpool and Wolverine for a third time guys. It's still entertaining as hell! 

Theater was close to being full and everyone in the audience was having a good time. 

More and more, it's easy to understand why this movie is holding on so well for a Marvel movie. It's just a damn fun viewing experience (as well as hilarious) and people want to go to the theater to see it for themselves (even if it's seeing the film again or with another group of people). 

Say what you will about Marvel, but they really do know how to make movies that create immense excitement about going to the theater.

• Like 6
  • Heart 2

Just now, Ryan C said:

Just got out of Deadpool and Wolverine for a third time guys. It's still entertaining as hell! 

Theater was close to being full and everyone in the audience was having a good time. 

More and more, it's easy to understand why this movie is holding on so well for a Marvel movie. It's just a damn fun viewing experience (as well as hilarious) and people want to go to the theater to see it for themselves (even if it's seeing the film again or with another group of people). 

Say what you will about Marvel, but they really do know how to make movies that create immense excitement about going to the theater.

I’m watching Logan with my mother and her bf tonight and taking them to watch Deadpool and Wolverine tomorrow. Not because I want to, but because people they know told them it was hilarious. We are talking two 60+ year olds here. Not only Marvel Studios perfected event blockbuster cinema, Ryan Reynolds is right: this is truly the first 4 quadrant Rated R film.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@WrathOfHan @Blankments Trailer time! Sorry for missing the last few months!

17x:

Inside Out 2: Wonka, The Boy and the Heron, Wonka Round 2, The Color Purple, Soul, Wish, Migration, Turning Red, Kung Fu Panda 4, Luca, Shrek 2, We Grown Now, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Wildcat, IF, The Garfield Movie, Young Woman and the Sea

13x:

Alien: Romulus: Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, The First Omen, Late Night with the Devil, Alien, Abigail, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, The Watchers, A Quiet Place: Day One, Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1, MaXXXine, Deadpool & Wolverine, Trap

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, We Grown Now, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, IF, The Garfield Movie, Young Woman and the Sea, The Watchers, Inside Out 2, Thelma, Inside Out 2 Round 2, Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1, Trap

12x:

Twisters: Dune: Part Two Round 2, Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, Civil War, Challengers, The Fall Guy, Ezra, Bad Boys: Ride or Die, The Bikeriders, Thelma, A Quiet Place: Day One, Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1, Janet Planet

9x:

Speak No Evil: Alien, Abigail, The Watchers, Kinds of Kindness, MaXXXine, Longlegs, Twisters, Deadpool & Wolverine, Trap

8x:

Despicable Me 4: Turning Red, Kung Fu Panda 4, Luca, Shrek 2, The Fall Guy, IF, The Garfield Movie, Inside Out 2

The Wild Robot: Kung Fu Panda 4, Luca, Shrek 2, We Grown Now, Mars Express, Young Woman and the Sea, Inside Out 2, The Lion King

6x:

The Bikeriders: The Creator, Ferrari, The Beekeeper, Dune: Part Two Round 2, Abigail, The Fall Guy

Fly Me to the Moon: The Garfield Movie, Ezra, The Watchers, Thelma, A Quiet Place: Day One, Janet Planet

Deadpool & Wolverine: Monkey Man, The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, The Fall Guy, Bad Boys: Ride or Die, Kinds of Kindness

Transformers One: IF, Inside Out 2, A Quiet Place: Day One, Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1, The Lion King, Twisters

Elio: Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, The Incredibles, Coco, The Lion King, Moana

5x:

Trap: A Quiet Place: Day One, Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1, MaXXXine, Twisters, Deadpool & Wolverine

Borderlands: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, Wildcat, Inside Out 2 Round 2, Kinds of Kindness, Deadpool & Wolverine

Mufasa: The Lion King: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Young Woman and the Sea, Inside Out 2, Inside Out 2 Round 2, The Lion King

4x:

The Watchers: Dune: Part Two Round 2, The First Omen, Abigail, The Fall Guy

Daddio: Love Lies Bleeding, Immaculate, We Grown Now, Janet Planet

Kinds of Kindness: Ezra, The Bikeriders, Thelma, Janet Planet

White Bird: Thor: Love and Thunder, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, The Little Mermaid, IF

Wicked: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, IF, Twisters, Deadpool & Wolverine

3x:

A Quiet Place: Day One: Alien, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Bad Boys: Ride or Die

MaXXXine: Challengers, The Fall Guy, The Watchers

Longlegs: Dune: Part Two Round 2, Immaculate, Abigail

Harold and the Purple Crayon: The Garfield Movie, Inside Out 2, The Lion King

Joker: Folie a Deux: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Bad Boys: Ride or Die, Trap

Moana 2: Inside Out 2, Inside Out 2 Round 2, The Lion King

2x:

Spoiler

Bad Boys: Ride or Die: Monkey Man, Civil War

Cuckoo: Immaculate, Longlegs

My Penguin Friend: The Garfield Movie, Young Woman and the Sea

The Crow: Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

My Old Ass: Kinds of Kindness, Longlegs

Venom: The Last Dance: Bad Boys: Ride or Die, Trap

A Real Pain: Kinds of Kindness, Twisters

Heretic: MaXXXine, Trap

Nosferatu: The Bikeriders, A Quiet Place: Day One

1x:

Spoiler

Treasure: Ezra

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1: The Bikeriders

Sing Sing: The Bikeriders

Didi: The Bikeriders

The Fabulous Four: Ezra

Kneecap: Thelma

Ryan's World the Movie: Titan Universe Adventure: Inside Out 2

Blink Twice: Challengers

Strange Darling: Longlegs

Reagan: Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1

The Front Room: MaXXXine

Killer's Game: Twisters

Wolfs: Bad Boys: Ride or Die

Piece by Piece: Inside Out 2 Round 2

Anora: Longlegs

Flight Risk: Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1

Smile 2: A Quiet Place: Day One

Red One: Twisters

A Complete Unknown: Deadpool & Wolverine

Captain America: Brave New World: Deadpool & Wolverine

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

28 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m so conflicted with Marvel Rivals. At same time that seems like something me and my Valorant friends would be all over, I’m afraid of another time sink of a video game. Have you played? Everyone I know that got to loved. 

Not yet.

But I already have a list of who I want to main. :sparta:

Dr Strange 
Magneto 
Mantis 
Rocket Raccoon 

Looking at 2025 and the entire year is kind of boring box office wise. 

Snow White - $400M WW

Captain America - $500M WW

Minecraft - (Massive wildcard) expecting frontloaded like FNAF $600M WW

Thunderbolts - $400M WW

MI8 - $650M WW

ELIO - $300M WW

How to train your dragon - $550M WW

Jurrasic 4 - $900M WW

Superman - $600M WW

Fantastic 4 - $700M WW

Tron - $500M WW

Blade ??? - $400M WW

Wicked PT 2 - $800M WW

Zootopia 2 - $1.2B

FNAF 2 - $250M WW

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Not yet.

But I already have a list of who I want to main. :sparta:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m usually playing control characters when I play Valorant, so I have no idea who I’d like to main lol. But I do think Rivals might end up having a full blown competitive scene. Surprised this is getting hyped up as a great shooter coming out of NetEase out of all developers.